a guide to grief

Tessakins

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my me-me and missing her, so I decided I’d try to give a little advice on grief and losing someone. You can have grief from losing someone physically, a end to a relationship, or even grief for a past experience that’s over now. Grief, like most emotions, is not something anyone deals with the same way. Don’t let anyone tell you how to “properly” grieve. If you don’t cry like everyone else, that is normal, or if you cry more then everyone else, that too is normal. No one can tell you how to feel your own emotions, and the only way to feel them is to well, feel them. Adding to that, try not to suppress your emotions. You’re going through a rough time so let yourself be emotional.

Healing~
some people believe healing is something that brings you back to your perfect life before the incident happened, but that is not true. Think of healing more as building around the pain then the pain completely going away. The hurt will still be there, yes, but you have to work to build up other things around that. More aspects of your life for example. New relationships, new people, new emotions, etc. Eventually you do have to go on with your life. It may not seem like it at the time, but it’s going to be okay 💜

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my me-me and missing her, so I decided I’d try to give a little advice on grief and losing someone. You can have grief from losing someone physically, a end to a relationship, or even grief for a past experience that’s over now. Grief, like most emotions, is not something anyone deals with the same way. Don’t let anyone tell you how to “properly” grieve. If you don’t cry like everyone else, that is normal, or if you cry more then everyone else, that too is normal. No one can tell you how to feel your own emotions, and the only way to feel them is to well, feel them. Adding to that, try not to suppress your emotions. You’re going through a rough time so let yourself be emotional.

Healing~
some people believe healing is something that brings you back to your perfect life before the incident happened, but that is not true. Think of healing more as building around the pain then the pain completely going away. The hurt will still be there, yes, but you have to work to build up other things around that. More aspects of your life for example. New relationships, new people, new emotions, etc. Eventually you do have to go on with your life. It may not seem like it at the time, but it’s going to be okay 💜
I'm sorry for your grief. Good advice, BTW....

Tysm can we talk like anytime i lost my dog she is in heaven and she passed in 2019 its her birthday today 3 years without her..I’ve been needing help with grief i just am too scared to ask tbh irl