Age ranges

ayo what's up with the age ranges now?, its now 9 to 99, kinda creeps me out tbh
Same. I'm in the process of asking ark to ask the administrator about this. Imo it gives pedos an easier time to target kids since they will be allowed to have 9-12 in their profile, as well as mods having to add an extra thing on their to-do-list along with checking user list, main, and flags. Checking individual profiles for overaged profiles is tiring. Please change it back... ;-;

I do not get why some feel this is a big deal? I mean what would it matter anyway. I mean look at the rule KCR-8 the words in red even ask those below 13 to admit they are below 13 in their profile and no one has cared about that in all this time?

KCR-8 Do not ask for ages below 13 unless you are in fact below 13. Below 13 must stay within their age range also of 12 and below (If you are below 13 you should convey that in your "About Me" in your profile) no one should ask for ages above the limit of 19 otherwise action could be taken in both cases. If you try to sneak by saying for example "Looking to talk to girl/guy below 15" then you will be considered as asking for ages from 14 and below thusly breaking this rule. The same goes for those asking for "Older" you will be considered as asking for users over the age of 19 thusly breaking this rule, suggestion is that you be very specific in the ages you are looking to chat with otherwise you could get kicked or banned.

I was told it had to be done because Google requires it and everyone should know a site cannot get removed from Google without major repercussions.

I personally do not kick for ages like 99 or 69. I consider them to be foolish jokes by foolish minds, but other than those two numbers. If a user places other numbers they are open to being kicked or banned!

I personally do not kick for ages like 99 or 69. I consider them to be foolish jokes by foolish minds, but other than those two numbers. If a user places other numbers they are open to being kicked or banned!
That's exactly what I do. I always thought those two ages are just jokes so I never kicked for it, or really any age in the 90s or 80s because how is it possible that someone that old can function and use a kids chat site? In my lifetime as a mod, I've only seen 1 80 year old user and that user was pretending to be a 12 year old girl named Holly. So for me, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s are all fair game for kicks of overage.

There's users who claim they're 99 though. If they refuse to give out their age it's kickable anyways.