Anti-Politics/Gender Discussions

strider

(no typing quirk)

recently ive noticed a lot of heavy arguments being sparked by gender-related discussions. in the past this has happened and earlier during the 2020 US election this was a problem with politics and related arguments. although not constant, there does seem to be regular bursts of one or two users starting an argument along that topic, which spirals into a huge chat-wide debate. this not only puts an insane amount of tension and negativity in the chatroom, but is also incredibly annoying to other users who are not involved.

i think we should have moderators enforce a rule against these related discussions.

related topic, there has been an uprise in certain dms and general chat messages containing transphobic and ableist language, namely flat-out slurs. some popular users have been saying them (sometimes not as a joke) with no punishment or warning, and this is not okay. slurs of any kind (whether the f-word, t-word, r-word, n-word, etc) should not be tolerated at ALL. i believe we should have stronger enforcement on this rule, perhaps even a feature that senses the word (like the censor system) but issues a personal warning (maybe a dm or a message in the main chat only that user can see) or even an automatic kick.

I've been having this exact same thought for a week now at least. There is an absurd amount of homophobia and transphobia going on in the chat, being lead mostly by members who have many friends and are regulars to the chat. One of the biggest people who perpetuate this behavior ( VIP YurL0nelyStar) is currently banned for idk what reason. It still continues just as much though. I think banning the discussion of these topics isn't the right way to go, but that's fine because what has been going on non-stop on chat has not been a conversation, it's been hatred of people's identities forcing people of the chat to defend their existence and thus sparking large scale arguments. This behavior NEEDS to be moderated immediately. We don't need ANOTHER reason for people to feel unsafe in this chat.

(no typing quirk)

recently ive noticed a lot of heavy arguments being sparked by gender-related discussions. in the past this has happened and earlier during the 2020 US election this was a problem with politics and related arguments. although not constant, there does seem to be regular bursts of one or two users starting an argument along that topic, which spirals into a huge chat-wide debate. this not only puts an insane amount of tension and negativity in the chatroom, but is also incredibly annoying to other users who are not involved.

i think we should have moderators enforce a rule against these related discussions.

related topic, there has been an uprise in certain dms and general chat messages containing transphobic and ableist language, namely flat-out slurs. some popular users have been saying them (sometimes not as a joke) with no punishment or warning, and this is not okay. slurs of any kind (whether the f-word, t-word, r-word, n-word, etc) should not be tolerated at ALL. i believe we should have stronger enforcement on this rule, perhaps even a feature that senses the word (like the censor system) but issues a personal warning (maybe a dm or a message in the main chat only that user can see) or even an automatic kick.
I'm too lazy to type any long paragraph at the moment. But I will say I agree.

Tbh i don't really see any other solution besides a ban on such topics, for one just creating a room for this wont guarantee that they'll go to that room to discuss such topics, second as malice And scenekid said, it causes tension, negativity, and makes others feel unsafe and/or annoyed. And pretty much all the time it isn't a discussion its more of heated arguments that lead to slurs and terrible comments to be made, which can negatively impact people's mental state and potentially cause to hurt themselves as they feel unsafe and unaccepted and/or targeted

(no typing quirk)

Politics,gender,religion,nationality,race etc issue and talk should be perma banned from kidschat this of course includinh a no political mood and bio and the mods should enforce this rule like they enforce the no socials rule as again lile mentioned it will spiral down into some garbage discussion like honestly this is kidschat for crying out loud not political chat but some doesnt care

Though of course this will lead to certain users getting neutered as most of their time chatting is talkinh about politics

There comes to a point in which the chat can be oversaturated with too many rules. I do not understand the inability of the users who do not like topics such as politics to not just use the ignore feature and not see any of their comments. I mean, you can have a chat free of any political talk any gender issues. If all you do is go into the profiles of those wishing to bring those up and click ignore on them.

There comes to a point in which the chat can be oversaturated with too many rules. I do not understand the inability of the users who do not like topics such as politics to not just use the ignore feature and not see any of their comments. I mean, you can have a chat free of any political talk any gender issues. If all you do is go into the profiles of those wishing to bring those up and click ignore on them.
Couldn't agree more, especially as I've just been unfairly kicked for having a gender identity discussion. Your moderators need to understand that gender identity debate is not homophobia or transphobia

I don't understand why people on this kids chat have trouble using the ignore button tbh. On chat avenue, it comes naturally to the users there, but when I tell users here to use ignore in the right scenarios, some users think it won't help which I just don't even get. smh

Well yeah but the thing is like we are kids why the hell should we learn about politics for pete sake just ban politics,gender,race etc talks from main and the problem or drama in here would gone significantly

Well yeah but the thing is like we are kids why the hell should we learn about politics for pete sake just ban politics,gender,race etc talks from main and the problem or drama in here would gone significantly
You are not considering the age range that room has, so I feel that is extreme to infer all users are too young for political views.

You are not considering the age range that room has, so I feel that is extreme to infer all users are too young for political views.
Yes but still it causes trouble to the point of slurs are thrown so please just make politics,gender,religion etc talk banned

If you want you can make a poll to see how many supports it

it's safe to assume that at minimum half of chat is too young to be discussing this kind of stuff but ok, lets continue with the cesspool of never ending drama and debates, lets continue driving people away, making others feel targeted, and those who are not involved uncomfortable and/or annoyed,
thank you sir, very cool

True listen to those who dont use the site it will have more impact than listening to the one who uses the chat