Batman movie tier list

Asuka

As a huge Batman fan, I have seen a couple of Batman movies and I decided to let you get a glimpse of my personal opinions regarding Batman.
In S tier I have the most underrated Batman movie:Batman Returns(1992). This movie is my personal favorite Batman movie. It is probably the darkest Batman movie as Tim Burton had more creative control over the movie. This was a mistake as it bombed in the box office.Anyways, what’s the plot. The plot is that the penguin (player by Danny devito) wants to kill all the first-born sons of Gotham city as a act of symbolic revenge against society for abandoning him in a sewer. He tricks a wealthy business man named Max Shreck(played by Christoper Walken) into letting him run for mayor. Max shreck also has a office worker named Selina Kyle (played by Michelle pfieffer) that discovers his plan for a power plant that takes away power in order to make more money. She gets pushed out a window,and somehow survived. She goes insane and becomes catwoman. Batman(played by micheal Keaton) has to stop them. Pretty basic plot. However the reason why this movie is good is that it completely understands what Batman is: a mentally ill person who is no better than the villains. 9/10
In A tier we have Batman(1989) and The Dark Knight(2008). Batman is probably the most important Batman movie as it bought him back in a more dark setting. The plot this time is that a criminal named Jack Napier ( played by Jack Nicholson) is robbing axis chemicals and runs into Batman. He falls into a vat of chemicals and becomes the joker. He spreads terror and chaos though Gotham city by using his laughing gas. It’s up to Batman to stop him. Again, pretty basic plot. However the reason I don’t place this movie higher is because of one stupid decision: it made the joker the one who killed Bruce Wayne’s parents. While I understand that they were trying to make the joker and Batman have this yin yang relationship, it doesn’t makes sense as it’s only bought in as a reason for Batman to kill the joker. 8/10.

The dark knight is the most overrated Batman movie and I probably don’t have to explain the plot. The reason i didn’t place this movie in S tier is because I don’t like the joker in this movie. It isn’t the clown prince of crime nor a man broken by society. Instead we have a nihilistic terrorist. I don’t like this take on the joker because it is just a meme at this point. 8/10

I’ll post what I think of the rest in a reply if someone wants to know.

Attachments

• 5F95AB51-EF3D-4CAB-8151-5794D0D4C9D6.jpeg
    5F95AB51-EF3D-4CAB-8151-5794D0D4C9D6.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 86F7E239-E302-4904-AC7A-5093F3E9C53F.jpeg
    86F7E239-E302-4904-AC7A-5093F3E9C53F.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 18
As a huge Batman fan, I have seen a couple of Batman movies and I decided to let you get a glimpse of my personal opinions regarding Batman.
In S tier I have the most underrated Batman movie:Batman Returns(1992). This movie is my personal favorite Batman movie. It is probably the darkest Batman movie as Tim Burton had more creative control over the movie. This was a mistake as it bombed in the box office.Anyways, what’s the plot. The plot is that the penguin (player by Danny devito) wants to kill all the first-born sons of Gotham city as a act of symbolic revenge against society for abandoning him in a sewer. He tricks a wealthy business man named Max Shreck(played by Christoper Walken) into letting him run for mayor. Max shreck also has a office worker named Selina Kyle (played by Michelle pfieffer) that discovers his plan for a power plant that takes away power in order to make more money. She gets pushed out a window,and somehow survived. She goes insane and becomes catwoman. Batman(played by micheal Keaton) has to stop them. Pretty basic plot. However the reason why this movie is good is that it completely understands what Batman is: a mentally ill person who is no better than the villains. 9/10
In A tier we have Batman(1989) and The Dark Knight(2008). Batman is probably the most important Batman movie as it bought him back in a more dark setting. The plot this time is that a criminal named Jack Napier ( played by Jack Nicholson) is robbing axis chemicals and runs into Batman. He falls into a vat of chemicals and becomes the joker. He spreads terror and chaos though Gotham city by using his laughing gas. It’s up to Batman to stop him. Again, pretty basic plot. However the reason I don’t place this movie higher is because of one stupid decision: it made the joker the one who killed Bruce Wayne’s parents. While I understand that they were trying to make the joker and Batman have this yin yang relationship, it doesn’t makes sense as it’s only bought in as a reason for Batman to kill the joker. 8/10.

The dark knight is the most overrated Batman movie and I probably don’t have to explain the plot. The reason i didn’t place this movie in S tier is because I don’t like the joker in this movie. It isn’t the clown prince of crime nor a man broken by society. Instead we have a nihilistic terrorist. I don’t like this take on the joker because it is just a meme at this point. 8/10

I’ll post what I think of the rest in a reply if someone wants to know.
The only actual Batman movie I have seen is the Dark Knight or something like that. So, yeah. But nice tier list.