"Corrin"

starlete

Hi, my username is "slit" and I'm here to talk about a chat mod named "Corrin". Now this might sound like every other entitled thread out there (especially a report on a moderator 😑), but I can assure you, what I have to say includes a lot of detail and has a easy to follow timeline and explanation.

Now to get into specifics:
Generally across the time I've encountered this moderator, all he has done is toss around false accusations, and avoid blatant accountability using his position. An example of this is when the situation ignited after he threatened to moderate my account for simply not agreeing with his statement (hence this kick appeal).

Several people and I have noticed this, and whenever we would mention this to him, he would only generate false claims to use against us individually like "arguing", or "antagonizing the mods", when we only did as little as bring the situation to life. Eventually, MANY of these accusations started going out of order. He would accuse people who aren't even involved in the situation of arguing, and his standpoint was starting to come down on him. Now as soon as he recognizes this, he kicks everyone who was disagreeing with his side of the story.

Now the thing that really makes this situation messy:
Corrin would continuously boast about his ability to kick us, and often emphasise about his moderator position as an excuse to avoid accountability and promote a "moderator > user" hierarchy. This would typically provide a 'backdoor' for him to escape through and immediately end the recognition of his behaviour so the accusations turn away from him

Admins, please do something...

Kind of strange all these allegations yet not one flag report top back anything up? Why would that be?

I don't know how the reporting system works, so I figured that it would be better to create a thread to reach you guys

To discuss the situation this all stemmed from, I'll explain the story from my point of view, which I tried to do MANY times with this user to try to calm the situation. They REFUSED to listen to me or reason with me, then continue to harass me over the situation and say that I'm "I'm trying to avoid accountability." The problem with that is I never did what I was accused of in the first place, let me explain. I and the User on chat "TheMask" were joking around, we get along well. The user TheMask was joking around and he said something along the lines of "You can't mute me". I then replied something along the lines of "Yes I can." As simple as that. That's literally the whole situation. The user Slit then proceeds to call me out for "threatening them" I explain to them that I wasn't even talking to them, just having a friendly conversation with the user TheMask. They then proceed to dogpile for at least 15 minutes straight after being told to stop arguing and harassing me several times about how I "was lying about the situation" or "Abusing my power and holding the mute over our heads". Clearly, after having been warned so many times, harassing me for so long, and continuing to call me a liar over a situation I was literally telling the truth in, I simply gave up and kicked them. As ANYONE in my shoes should or would have done. This is a very simple case with a very simple answer. I tried to reason with you. I don't want any trouble, in fact, this whole situation has taken a dramatic toll on my mental wellbeing and I just want it to be over and to stop being misrepresented. I hope to go further, we can put this behind us. I'd love nothing more than to be friendly with every user.

I don't know how the reporting system works, so I figured that it would be better to create a thread to reach you guys
That is very convenient for your side is it not? I find it hard to believe that with all the posting I do of how to report, that anyone would be so ignorant of how to report system works but if that is the excuse you are going with then who am I to say otherwise. but without proof of such nature your argument kind of falls flat.

That is very convenient for your side is it not? I find it hard to believe that with all the posting I do of how to report, that anyone would be so ignorant of how to report system works but if that is the excuse you are going with then who am I to say otherwise. but without proof of such nature your argument kind of falls flat.
I'm new to the forums, so I never had the time to research the reporting system, but I'm only here to make you aware of the situation that's going on

+ I figured that the reports system was like a simplistic log, but I never knew there was an archive.

Sounds like a classic case of room disruption gone awry thusly needing to get under control which it seems is what happened.

-=Case Closed=-

Despite having a lot more to say about this topic, including how many lies and how defamatory this entire post is, I don't have the energy. I won't spare my words for someone who refuses to listen, so this topic is done from my end.

You all need to understand something. The moderators are the room sentinels, they are there to watch over the room and take care of it and if they instruct you to do something and you argue with them or refuse, then you are opening yourself up to being disciplined. It is as easy as that to understand!

I understand. The "holding accountability" aspect was unnecessary to do in the first place, especially inside of the chat. We were just trying to get a point across because it seemed like he had a personal grudge against me, but we'll be more respectful. 😅