high school.

rosafari

Kidschat.net Regular
does anyone have any advice/tips of how to survive high school??? i just graduated middle school and I'm super nervous about this new chapter in my life. idk if it's like what you see in the movies, but then again nothing is like what you see in the movies so idk. please help me. this is urgent. I'm pretty stressed abt it. thanks.

ig my advice is to take it easy, you'll definitely be able to enjoy more liberty in high school, for me there really wasn't much of a difference besides that, its still really the same old same old, get up, go to 1st period and so on.
Its going to be a larger space so you'll need to get used to moving around a large building just to get to class and ig you'll have more choices for classes that you want

does anyone have any advice/tips of how to survive high school??? i just graduated middle school and I'm super nervous about this new chapter in my life. idk if it's like what you see in the movies, but then again nothing is like what you see in the movies so idk. please help me. this is urgent. I'm pretty stressed abt it. thanks.
Answers will vary depending on the experience the person had with high school and the high school they go to. My experience is that the first week, seniors will usually pick on freshmen just because they have higher status. I was bullied in freshmen and sophomore years for liking Nintendo when everyone else liked Playstation or Xbox, so you do have to worry about bullying, especially if you're as sensitive as i. Always tell the teacher principal, or at the very least ignore potential bullies when possible since they feed off the attention you give them. If you have friends from middle school unlike me, you should probably stay close to them and make sure you all have same period lunch so you all can eat together. My school has lunch period by grade where seniors eat first (period 4) and freshmen eat last (period 7). If you don't have friends from middle school that you came with, possibly try to make friends with those you get partnered up with in your classes. For me, I can't do that because, yea, Nintendo... like i said apparently everyone hates that in my school for whatever dumb reason. With classes, you always want to read the grading criteria or course outline they give you, and always keep that handy to never forget due dates, and to keep an eye on the class schedule and what you'll be doing that day. If you have a locker, always remember the locker combo and make sure you're able to do this quickly. Idk if you go to a school that makes you have 5 minutes before each class or lockers for that matter, but you will have to change books if you can't carry them all. My school doesn't do backpacks, we carry our books with us and transfer back and forth from locker to class if we can't carry the required books needed. If your school does backpacks and no lockers, ignore the last few sentences. Make sure you can identify a good teacher from a bad teacher too. There are sites such as https://ratemyteachers.com/ that will help you determine this. If the teacher is rated well and has good comments about them, they are a good teacher, and same with bad comments/rating/etc for a bad teacher. If the teacher isn't there, you will probably have to diagnose them yourself throughout the school year, and if they end up good, let other students know. If they end up bad, let them know too. Lastly, never forget or purposely not do your homework. There will be those teachers who give detention just because you didn't do it, and homework is a must because not all tests come from lecture material and classwork. Homework gives you the practice you need in a more private environment where you can focus doing things without the help you got from lecture and classwork. It helps you learn, and thusly, you are able to apply what you did on the homework to the tests. That is all the advice I can give about high school. ^^

Answers will vary depending on the experience the person had with high school and the high school they go to. My experience is that the first week, seniors will usually pick on freshmen just because they have higher status. I was bullied in freshmen and sophomore years for liking Nintendo when everyone else liked Playstation or Xbox, so you do have to worry about bullying, especially if you're as sensitive as i. Always tell the teacher principal, or at the very least ignore potential bullies when possible since they feed off the attention you give them. If you have friends from middle school unlike me, you should probably stay close to them and make sure you all have same period lunch so you all can eat together. My school has lunch period by grade where seniors eat first (period 4) and freshmen eat last (period 7). If you don't have friends from middle school that you came with, possibly try to make friends with those you get partnered up with in your classes. For me, I can't do that because, yea, Nintendo... like i said apparently everyone hates that in my school for whatever dumb reason. With classes, you always want to read the grading criteria or course outline they give you, and always keep that handy to never forget due dates, and to keep an eye on the class schedule and what you'll be doing that day. If you have a locker, always remember the locker combo and make sure you're able to do this quickly. Idk if you go to a school that makes you have 5 minutes before each class or lockers for that matter, but you will have to change books if you can't carry them all. My school doesn't do backpacks, we carry our books with us and transfer back and forth from locker to class if we can't carry the required books needed. If your school does backpacks and no lockers, ignore the last few sentences. Make sure you can identify a good teacher from a bad teacher too. There are sites such as https://ratemyteachers.com/ that will help you determine this. If the teacher is rated well and has good comments about them, they are a good teacher, and same with bad comments/rating/etc for a bad teacher. If the teacher isn't there, you will probably have to diagnose them yourself throughout the school year, and if they end up good, let other students know. If they end up bad, let them know too. Lastly, never forget or purposely not do your homework. There will be those teachers who give detention just because you didn't do it, and homework is a must because not all tests come from lecture material and classwork. Homework gives you the practice you need in a more private environment where you can focus doing things without the help you got from lecture and classwork. It helps you learn, and thusly, you are able to apply what you did on the homework to the tests. That is all the advice I can give about high school. ^^
thank you so much. you're the best.