Ideas - 2022

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
Hey. I’m wondering if anyone have any suggestions or ideas on possible improvements or additions to the site that the Kidschat team maybe could look into this year?

Arkham

Kids Chat Admin
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
Speaking of wall posts, it would be nice for staff to be able to have access to anyone's wall postings even if they are not specifically "friends". I cannot tell you how many times bad wall postings are reported but there is no way to verify unless they are in your friend's category. Maybe something as simple as being able to flag report bad wall postings so that it gets transferred to staff like they do the PM's.

Luminous

~Kidschat.net Mod~
Staff member
Speaking of wall posts, it would be nice for staff to be able to have access to anyone's wall postings even if they are not specifically "friends". I cannot tell you how many times bad wall postings are reported but there is no way to verify unless they are in your friend's category. Maybe something as simple as being able to flag report bad wall postings so that it gets transferred to staff like they do the PM's.
I feel like that might be a bit overwhelming for staff, being able to track that many wall posts at once, because since people spam those so much that these wall posts will all come in simultaneously and it'll be very overwhelming for mods to handle. There is already an option for reporting wall posts, but not the comments underneath. Perhaps a report button for comments of wall posts can be a solution to this.

qwerty

That already is a thing…

qwerty

I think a option to hide peoples wall posts but still remain friends with them would be nice, and maybe more accommodation for mobile devices while playing the games. Gifting vip would also be a nice feature, but idk how all of that would work.
Games on mobile work fine for me

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
We can see wall posts if they're flagged but unfortunately not the comments

Kevin

Administrator
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
I think a option to hide peoples wall posts but still remain friends with them would be nice, and maybe more accommodation for mobile devices while playing the games. Gifting vip would also be a nice feature, but idk how all of that would work.
VIP gifting won't be added anytime soon as the average age is lower in kidschat rooms, which means the users are less likely to have their own money or debit cards. Sure, parents money could be used, but with increased use of external sources comes an increased risk of fraud payments

Rika

it's just the wall spammer's/flooder's, sometimes its fine but most time I get it disturbing so is it possible that when someone keeps posting a lot of time spamming./flooding the wall they get muted.sorry to wall spammers/flooder don't wanna look rude, i know most do it for fun and think its funny but it's very disturbing, also even if I once said don't post so much there likes 90% chances they won't listen and say no, and yes I know that we can just un-friend them and won't get notification but then again don't wanna un-friend my friends.

Kelly

Chat Moderator
Staff member
They should make an easier way to PM staff if they are not online or they are invisible. I was trying to contact a moderator earlier and I just could not, no search helped nor did dropping down the moderator list because there is no option for sending a private message on that list if one clicks into their profiles.
Yes as sometimes it hard to get a admin if need one

Arkham

Kids Chat Admin
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
Yes as sometimes it hard to get a admin if need one
I loved it when they had that option in the news feed that all I had to do was click on a name and PM them. It's very hard to PM anyone if they are invisible or away. I mean I can search the moderator list but that gives no option to PM anyone.

Arkham

Kids Chat Admin
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
Yeah maybe if there was a way to set a limit per day on how many wall postings one could make that would be very helpful, it does get crazy with some people.

Ted Bundy

They should add a feature to where if enough people reports someone in the main chat, they get muted which would help a lot when the mods aren't online