Issues with kidschat

apam

Hi. I am an OG Kidschat user. Joined in 2019. Before most of yall lol. Anyways i remember the 2019-2020 kidschat (before that mama max vid) and it was a much more lax and chill place. Granted pedos were worse. But we all just ignored them. Now lets compare it to the Kidschat as of now. Saying "bitch" (b1tch) gets you kicked, way more strict mods and everyone is sensitive. I remember the days where you could swear. It was nice. Like goddamn we aint a kindergarten class, most of us prolly use swears irl or sumplace. ik i do.
Anyways there is increasing issues with kidschat, which may led to it shutting down like asylum chat did(anyone remember that place?)

1) this stupid censor thing. Why cant we swear? and if its peds taking advantage of the censored stuff. just censor the stuff the peds say

2) and in topic of peds, literally disabling the guest feature would eliminate most to all of em. I hear the argument "guests help bring in users" but does it really? like 1 in 30 guests r actual underage kids and theres a chance of them not joining bcuz of this ped problem

3) the strictness. Wow the mods r strict. And sensitive too. I eyed one of the mods who got demoted, it was "hershy" thats an example of a good mod. Not a pretentious asshole like ophelia/00strider (ion think he mod nomore)

4) The ban list should be cleared more often, like 2 times a year? what about the people who got biased banned (cases are "YurL0nelyStar/@king scar", "@Mames" and "Llamas/idk anything/jenny") Like its clear they all got banned cuz one of the mods whos close w the admin hates em, and thats embarrassing 😐

5) in my opinion, the admin (@Arkham) needs to present himself as more friendly and interact with the users more. I often see a mod/user fearing to talk to him because he just gives off those unfriendly and angry vibes.

I hope you take my post into consideration, considering these are issues with kidschat. Take a look at "teenchat" They r allowed to swear but certain ped words and words like "kys/fag/retard" are censored. I personally dont think "retard" is a slur. But kidschat should take inspiration from them. Im fairly certain disabling guests would actually bring in more users. As most users dont feel safe with the peds/guests and leave

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

P.S Anyone remember the RP_house?

I agree with you completely, KidsChat got way more strict for no reason, i got kicked for being age 99 once. This is why most people leave kc and it should be fixed

Schermafbeelding_2021-04-11_om_15.28.37.png

The swears and censors should be pretty obvious as to why they’re in place. You also can’t just say “just censor what the peds say” because, well, they can be pretty wordy and creative. A lot of it is already censored, which is good though, I suppose.

But also, enabling swears and disabling certain censors would likely make the chat a swear house which is going to quickly become a mess. I speak from actual experience with that, with many online servers I’m in actually having to disable swear words due to the sheer number of times they were said in chat on the regular (among other things too, but mostly that). But in any case, teenchat is more-so meant for older and mature teens while this one is more meant for, y’know, kids. To me it seems more logical as to why it is enabled there.

As for the ban list, I am unsure if you’re aware or not, but I will comment about it here anyway. If and when banned, your account is then in an inactive state. Inactive accounts are then put on a one month timer in which they are deleted. Once the banned account is deleted, you may return to the site. Some details may be wrong in my explanation, but I do believe it is the gist.

I will not comment on anything else.

The swears and censors should be pretty obvious as to why they’re in place. You also can’t just say “just censor what the peds say” because, well, they can be pretty wordy and creative. A lot of it is already censored, which is good though, I suppose.

But also, enabling swears and disabling certain censors would likely make the chat a swear house which is going to quickly become a mess. I speak from actual experience with that, with many online servers I’m in actually having to disable swear words due to the sheer number of times they were said in chat on the regular (among other things too, but mostly that). But in any case, teenchat is more-so meant for older and mature teens while this one is more meant for, y’know, kids. To me it seems more logical as to why it is enabled there.

As for the ban list, I am unsure if you’re aware or not, but I will comment about it here anyway. If and when banned, your account is then in an inactive state. Inactive accounts are then put on a one month timer in which they are deleted. Once the banned account is deleted, you may return to the site. Some details may be wrong in my explanation, but I do believe it is the gist.

I will not comment on anything else.
im mainly talking abt the vip ban thingy

Hi. I am an OG Kidschat user. Joined in 2019. Before most of yall lol. Anyways i remember the 2019-2020 kidschat (before that mama max vid) and it was a much more lax and chill place. Granted pedos were worse. But we all just ignored them. Now lets compare it to the Kidschat as of now. Saying "bitch" (b1tch) gets you kicked, way more strict mods and everyone is sensitive. I remember the days where you could swear. It was nice. Like goddamn we aint a kindergarten class, most of us prolly use swears irl or sumplace. ik i do.
Anyways there is increasing issues with kidschat, which may led to it shutting down like asylum chat did(anyone remember that place?)

1) this stupid censor thing. Why cant we swear? and if its peds taking advantage of the censored stuff. just censor the stuff the peds say

2) and in topic of peds, literally disabling the guest feature would eliminate most to all of em. I hear the argument "guests help bring in users" but does it really? like 1 in 30 guests r actual underage kids and theres a chance of them not joining bcuz of this ped problem

3) the strictness. Wow the mods r strict. And sensitive too. I eyed one of the mods who got demoted, it was "hershy" thats an example of a good mod. Not a pretentious asshole like ophelia/00strider (ion think he mod nomore)

4) The ban list should be cleared more often, like 2 times a year? what about the people who got biased banned (cases are "YurL0nelyStar/@king scar", "@Mames" and "Llamas/idk anything/jenny") Like its clear they all got banned cuz one of the mods whos close w the admin hates em, and thats embarrassing 😐

5) in my opinion, the admin (@Arkham) needs to present himself as more friendly and interact with the users more. I often see a mod/user fearing to talk to him because he just gives off those unfriendly and angry vibes.

I hope you take my post into consideration, considering these are issues with kidschat. Take a look at "teenchat" They r allowed to swear but certain ped words and words like "kys/fag/retard" are censored. I personally dont think "retard" is a slur. But kidschat should take inspiration from them. Im fairly certain disabling guests would actually bring in more users. As most users dont feel safe with the peds/guests and leave

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

P.S Anyone remember the RP_house?
Hi, I agree with almost every except the demotion part, I wasn’t demoted. I quit.

im not to sure about the censors tho, maybe uncensor the swear words and if they are abused then go back to censoring them, ik its called Kidschat but the grand majority are 13-19 year olds
And yeah the admin is practically a ghost who barely shows up and should really interact with the community more, tho maybe its not a good idea since last time he came he was attacked by the userbase like a buck of rabid dogs lmao

Oh and banned users can come back when their account is deleted
Which is a month and for vips they have to wait longer tho(when their vip expires and a month passes after that I believe) and lifetime vips have to wait a year

im not to sure about the censors tho, maybe uncensor the swear words and if they are abused then go back to censoring them, ik its called Kidschat but the grand majority are 13-19 year olds
And yeah the admin is practically a ghost who barely shows up and should really interact with the community more, tho maybe its not a good idea since last time he came he was attacked by the userbase like a buck of rabid dogs lmao
ayo really? lmao did u ss?

Okay so,

1) You're acting as if cursing is allowed everywhere else but here. Which is not true, especially when the target group for a site or server is kids. I get it that things used to be different back when there was 0 moderation but come on. And limited cursing is allowed. It's not that hard to not use the whole mf word yk.

2) Yes. The higher ups should really deal with the guest problem oof.

3) Mods letting off users when they're breaking the rules isn't really cool. Yes they get called strict and get hated on when they go by the book but that's not their fault. If someone wants them to be lenient they should just ask for a change in the rules.

4) I don't know much about the vip bans tbh, however, YurL0nelyStar had like 11 or more strikes bruh plus his behavior after getting banned is disgusting. About Mames idk cause Ark will have to reply on why he banned him so randomly, and jenny maybe got banned cause of a misunderstanding. The mod you're talking about has been targeted by many of you for being "strict" way before any of those users got banned. I have witnessed countless "jokes" which imo could be considered bullying. You just dislike her, at least own up to it.

5) I think maybe he just doesn't wanna deal with the users cause everyone keeps either complaining or nagging at him idk.

Oof. Guests shouldn't be removed. Guests should most definitely be restricted. If guests were removed, all the peds have to do is create an account, which would be harder to get rid of. And this is a Kids Chat after all. Supposed to be kid friendly, so limited swearing is to be expected. Some mods are strict for a reason, to protect the users, or at least I hope so. And the stuff I was gonna say is fading. My mind is blank and what I said has probably already been said, so ye. 🌼