Issues with kidschat

apam

Hi. I am an OG Kidschat user. Joined in 2019. Before most of yall lol. Anyways i remember the 2019-2020 kidschat (before that mama max vid) and it was a much more lax and chill place. Granted pedos were worse. But we all just ignored them. Now lets compare it to the Kidschat as of now. Saying "bitch" (b1tch) gets you kicked, way more strict mods and everyone is sensitive. I remember the days where you could swear. It was nice. Like goddamn we aint a kindergarten class, most of us prolly use swears irl or sumplace. ik i do.
Anyways there is increasing issues with kidschat, which may led to it shutting down like asylum chat did(anyone remember that place?)

1) this stupid censor thing. Why cant we swear? and if its peds taking advantage of the censored stuff. just censor the stuff the peds say

2) and in topic of peds, literally disabling the guest feature would eliminate most to all of em. I hear the argument "guests help bring in users" but does it really? like 1 in 30 guests r actual underage kids and theres a chance of them not joining bcuz of this ped problem

3) the strictness. Wow the mods r strict. And sensitive too. I eyed one of the mods who got demoted, it was "hershy" thats an example of a good mod. Not a pretentious asshole like ophelia/00strider (ion think he mod nomore)

4) The ban list should be cleared more often, like 2 times a year? what about the people who got biased banned (cases are "YurL0nelyStar/@king scar", "@Mames" and "Llamas/idk anything/jenny") Like its clear they all got banned cuz one of the mods whos close w the admin hates em, and thats embarrassing šŸ˜

5) in my opinion, the admin (@Arkham) needs to present himself as more friendly and interact with the users more. I often see a mod/user fearing to talk to him because he just gives off those unfriendly and angry vibes.

I hope you take my post into consideration, considering these are issues with kidschat. Take a look at "teenchat" They r allowed to swear but certain ped words and words like "kys/fag/retard" are censored. I personally dont think "retard" is a slur. But kidschat should take inspiration from them. Im fairly certain disabling guests would actually bring in more users. As most users dont feel safe with the peds/guests and leave

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

P.S Anyone remember the RP_house?

If I was actually listened to by those who can do something about stuff they would've followed my suggestion which was to create either a registered only room for the registered users or make it to where if you come in as a guest you get shunted to a guest lobby and if you want to leave that lobby you can decide to register an account and if not you can stay there.

But recently I thought of even a better choice on the next update or whichever update, why not put into place a way for all the registered users to have an "Ignore Guest" button. I mean they sorta have close to that with the choice of making your friends only can contact you but then that is so limiting.

As for this "5) in my opinion, the admin (@Arkham) needs to present himself as more friendly and interact with the users more. I often see a mod/user fearing to talk to him because he just gives off those unfriendly and angry vibes."
This pretty much answers that one "maybe its not a good idea since last time he came he was attacked by the userbase like a buck of rabid dogs lmao"

There's already a distinction made between user and friends only dms, and I know this issue could easily be solved by people literally just reading, but they won't unless it's forced in front of their face lol. There's gotta be a better method of letting people know they have the option, as of now, it simply just exists in the cluttered profile options menu. I'm aware of that you guys don't have much control of how the chat system itself works, so maybe trying to build on what you can control for now until there's some sort of system overhaul is the best road to go down.

If I was actually listened to by those who can do something about stuff they would've followed my suggestion which was to create either a registered only room for the registered users or make it to where if you come in as a guest you get shunted to a guest lobby and if you want to leave that lobby you can decide to register an account and if not you can stay there.

But recently I thought of even a better choice on the next update or whichever update, why not put into place a way for all the registered users to have an "Ignore Guest" button. I mean they sorta have close to that with the choice of making your friends only can contact you but then that is so limiting.
YAYAYAY

I don't think removing guests would stop the peds back in June I saw a lot of peds just creating accounts and when they did that they had the ability to make some not so fun backgrounds

I don't think removing guests would stop the peds back in June I saw a lot of peds just creating accounts and when they did that they had the ability to make some not so fun backgrounds
THIS. No one ever talks about this. If they didn't have the ability to make guest accounts they would make real accounts, find out about these features and immediately start putting horrible things as their pfps and backgrounds. We've seen this countless times in the chatroom already. These types of things would become the norm in chat instead of guests spamming the main chat.

THIS. No one ever talks about this. If they didn't have the ability to make guest accounts they would make real accounts, find out about these features and immediately start putting horrible things as their pfps and backgrounds. We've seen this countless times in the chatroom already. These types of things would become the norm in chat instead of guests spamming the main chat.
That's why we should restrict the guests.

Rather than removing or restricting I think we should do what arkham suggests and just add the option to specifically filter out messages sent by guests for users letting guest talk while making it easier to ignore guests in general for users