May event week: Miraculous Ladybug

Thread update: List of changes below

1. Miraculous superhero list of characters is updated with newest character picks. Only Mylene and Ivan remain.
2. Rule 1 about character/superhero separation is now eliminated and you all are now allowed to choose between both.

Greetings and welcome to the May event week! We're very close to the end of our current schedule of events with this one remaining. To celebrate the last event of the schedule, I'll host an event that lasts 2 weeks instead of 1! Expect this thread to be very long as well considering the topic we're dealing with. We'll be diving deep into one of Disney's most popular cartoons this time around, Miraculous Ladybug! This is also the first revival week that's been done too! I also want to say that if anyone hasn't seen my event week FAQ thread, please make sure to check it out before reading any further ahead in this thread, so that you know what's going on and how things work. Although, event week suggestions are now closed and I'll be releasing a new schedule of events coming sometime in June which will include suggestions mentioned in the FAQ thread, so stay tuned! 👀https://www.kidschat.net/forums/threads/monthly-event-weeks-explanation-faq.1487/

What is Miraculous Ladybug you may ask? Well for the people who don't know, Miraculous Ladybug is a cartoon show and tv series on Disney channel that is created and directed by Thomas Astruc, and produced by Jeremy Zag. You have these two people to thank for making this tv series possible and the best it can be. The tv series has currently 4, and only 4 seasons that are made and finished. Although, seasons 5-7 are the future for this series as like I said, it's one of the most popular shows on Disney right now. The series consists of main characters; Marinette Dupain-Cheng and her kwami miraculous, tikki and Adrien Agreste and his kwami miraculous, plagg, who also portray as superheroes, Ladybug and Cat noir. Both of them, every episode, will have to defeat a villain called hawk moth/shadow moth with the help of these kwami's powers. No one may find out anyone's secret identities, especially Ladybug and Cat Noir. I will make separate bios for each character, since it'll be more organized that way, and so you all can learn about the main characters!

Marinette's bio: Marinette shares her last name coming from her father and mother, her father being French and her mother being Chinese, hence, Dupain-Cheng. Marinette's father is also a baker, and currently their family lives in that bakery in which they make many pastries for all of the city of Paris. Marinette is a clumsy and selfless girl, always willing to help others when she can, and always loves doing good deeds for others. Her best friend is Alya Césaire, who also owns the ladyblog and posts videos and screenshots of ladybug in action on that blog. She also talks about other miraculous as well. Marinette obtained the miraculous of the ladybug upon helping out an old man, who also turns out to be the guardian of the miraculous. The power of the ladybug miraculous gives you the power of creation, in which is held by Tikki, the kwami of creation. When as Ladybug, Marinette gains super speed, and an unbreakable yo-yo that can be used as a weapon, as well as a communication device in emergencies, and the power of lucky charm, which grants the holder a piece of a puzzle, in order to find the solution to defeat the villain. After the villain is defeated, the miraculous ladybugs clean up the damage dealt by the villain, thereby, saving the citizens of Paris and Paris itself.

Adrien's bio: Adrien Agreste is very shy, along with loving to have fun and being rebellious at the same time. In situations with his father, Gabriel Agreste, he's forced to be in more serious and obedient situations, considering that he is a model for the Agreste brand of products. Adrien is also just like Marinette, a very selfless person willing to help any and all people. His best friend is Nino Lahiffe, who is a DJ and the head of the school radio. Adrien also obtained the miraculous of the cat the same way too. The power of the cat miraculous gives you the power of destruction, in which is held by Plagg, the kwami of destruction. When as Cat Noir, Adrien gains super speed, and an unbreakable staff that can be used as a weapon, as well as a communication device in emergencies, and the power of Cataclysm which grants the holder the power of destroying anything that is touched to help defeat the villain.

Major spoiler warning btw - Gabriel Agreste / Hawk moth / Shadow moth's bio(I will use Hawk moth): Hawk Moth is the villain in which Ladybug and Cat noir must defeat in each and every episode of the tv series. He is also none other than Gabriel Agreste, Adrien's own father. Ik it's a spoiler to know this, but it has to be told for you all to understand his bio. Anyway, Hawk moth uses the butterfly miraculous in order to create villains that Ladybug and Cat noir must face in each episode. The butterfly miraculous gives you the power of telepathy, in which is held by Nooroo, the Kwami of telepathy. When Gabriel Agreste is Hawk Moth, he gains the power of connecting and communicating through the minds of others, feasting on one's negative emotions in order to create a villain based on those negative emotions. Hawk moth would then send out a magical butterfly called an Akuma to feed on the negative emotions of a person. The goal of him doing this, is the desire for ladybug and cat noir's miraculous in order to bring back his wife, and create a new world with him, his wife, and his son all together again. Gabriel Agreste also has a secretary named Nathalie, who also assists him in the capture of ladybug and cat noir's miraculous. She's called Mayura in that case, and using the peacock miraculous, sends out feathers called amoks. These amoks create what is called a Senti-monster which are powerful beings created by the mind of the holder of the peacock miraculous. In season 4, Hawk moth becomes Shadow moth by merging both the butterfly and the peacock miraculous, and is able to release akumas and amoks simultaneously.

Enough about the bios now, lets get into some less boring stuff which are some rules for this event week.

1. Character switching/stealing - This means that users may switch characters in order to portray a plot in the tv series, especially if you are roleplaying. You can't switch to a character that is chosen already though. Only characters that are available may be switched to. Users may not steal characters either upon the switch.

2. Character roleplay - This means a user may actually roleplay as the character they are. Although this is encouraged for all event weeks, in previous event weeks, I have not seen anyone actually roleplaying as the character they are. So for this event, I encourage you all to roleplay as your character this time around, especially since a lot of people are fans of this tv series, it would make someone's day knowing they're talking to a real miraculous character. (This is not catfishing btw)

Now onto character examples, in which I have created a list for. But, some mods took some characters already. Why you may ask? Well, mods are like the superheroes of kids chat, correct? Therefore, mods get first choice for this event. Users may pick from the remaining choices, or research other characters that are unlisted. Kwamis and citizens of Paris will also be included as possible choices. I will then update the list when I can with user character choices!

View attachment 5745

Important dates and Information:

Start date of event: May 6th
End date of event: May 19th
Quota needed to be met: None
Opt outs? Allowed after a user has used their character for 1 week or more.

If anyone has any questions or need help finding a character to be for this event week,
you can pm me on chat, and I can help you find a character to be! Other than that, make sure to respond to this thread saying what character you'll be for this event week for easy approval and track record of participants as I will need to be able to count them at a later date. June will have no event week whatsoever to let people study for their finals for school. Although, a new schedule featuring the next wave of event weeks, July-November, that will also include your suggestions on the FAQ thread, will be releasing in June as well to get users hyped up and excited for what's to come! If your suggestion did not make the cut, do not fret! You may suggest again in August when suggestions will open back up! So, I hope everyone enjoys their time with this last event of the schedule, Miraculous revival week, and have lots of fun with it! ^-^
I'll be ivan