Monthly event weeks explanation FAQ

IG we should go Ben 10week or adventure time cuz its would be fun maybe?
This has already been done in the form of Cartoon week last October. Not enough participants participated in that event so it is not coming back. Terribly sorry.. ):

This thread is being made to clear up any confusion or questions on/about monthly event weeks because there seems to be a lot after Fire emblem week has went by. So, lets get started! Legend: Q = Question A = Answer

Q: What are monthly event weeks, and what do I do to participate in them?

A: Monthly event weeks are where people can spread their wings and use or rp as a character from a topic picked every month. We will use Mario week in march for most examples going forward. Mario week is the topic picked. In order to participate in this specific event in general, you'd have to set your pfp on chat as a Mario character. For example, characters like Rosalina, Waluigi, Yoshi, or any character across the super mario series games would suffice. You can find pics of these characters on google and other image-providing sites. Backgrounds/Gifs of the characters are not required, and neither is putting your character's name in your bio, nor changing your username to your character's name. Just pfp and that is it, the rest is optional! Although if you want to do these optional things, you can to boost morale for the event week in a greater matter! No one's stopping you from doing so, so have fun with it if you choose to do so! You can also start before the event week if you want, or use the pfp longer than the event week period too, if you like your chosen character.

Q: How are monthly event weeks chosen?

A: These monthly event weeks are chosen as suggestions by the userbase or mod team, and it will continue to be done that way. Only 1 suggestion per person is allowed to avoid bias being represented with these events. I may get many suggestions, but I can only select a limited amount due to schedules that need to be made. If your suggestion isn't picked, you may suggest again for a better chance at your topic making it in! You may also respond to this thread with suggestions for event weeks yourselves!

Q: Do I have to participate, or can I opt out?

A: You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but participating in these events will help us grow as a userbase, and grow users closer with mods and vise versa. You may also opt out during an event, but some events have quotas that are needed to be met, and if you opt out, then the quota may not be met to possibly get the event back again at some point in the future. For example, if you had your pfp set as Bowser, there were 15 users participating, and you opted out before the event week ended; then it will subtract you from the total amount of participating users.

Q: How are monthly event weeks planned out?

A: Monthly event weeks are planned out in a schedule format that I will update when I can. They are monthly, so it happens once every month, although some months may not have any at all like December due to the Christmas season, or June due to people taking finals and needing to study. Therefore, making two schedules a year; January-May and July-November is how the schedules will be split up into two instead of making one long and unorganized schedule. The days that events will usually start are on Fridays because that's everyone's favorite day of the week isn't it? Event weeks will usually end on Thursday or Saturday, or maybe even the next Friday. This is due to what may be coming up in the days ahead. For example, Mario week is extended a bit more than Kirby week in April because St Patrick's day isn't as celebrated as Easter, and people may want to use Easter pfps in April right? It's important that we use a schedule format than to randomize when we do event weeks to let users take a necessary break from these event weeks. We don't want them too common or to happen too often. People will get tired of them if they are released quickly with no dates given. The typical teenager likes feeling anticipated or hyped, and the feeling of suspense/excitement these days, so why not let them have these feelings by separating event weeks in a monthly scheduled format?

Q: What is a revival event week, and how can I get one to happen?

A: Revival event weeks are event weeks which have succeeded in the past and are brought back for longer and continued entertainment for the userbase. A quota of a certain amount of users to have participated in the event week needs to be met for this to happen. Quotas are either set high or low, depending upon the anticipation of how I believe the event week will turn out. For example, if I set the Mario week quota at 10, then at least 10 users need to participate for a revival event week to happen. Seems easy right? Believe it or not, only two event weeks thus far have met the quota for revival event weeks, but can we get more? Only YOU can decide!

Q: Why are some monthly event weeks treated differently than others?

A: Monthly event weeks are sometimes treated differently because of the topic chosen and how much characters you can actually choose from each topic. Some topics like miraculous for example, separates superheroes from the regular people living in Paris. In this example we will compare Mario week to Miraculous revival week. Mario week for example is expected to be popular because it's Mario... literally Nintendo's mascot right there. How do users not know what this is? So in result, the event week for Mario characters would include a higher quota needed to be met because it's anticipated to be popular, and free opt-outs are allowed considering the anticipating popularity. Miraculous revival week on the other hand will be treated differently for sure. How you may ask? Well, mods will get first choice at characters since with the miraculous tv show, it's based on miraculous-wearing superheroes, and those superheroes should be the mods should it not? After mods choose, then regular users may choose a missing superhero, kwami, or one of Marinette's classmates that weren't picked as a superhero by a mod. For example, a mod may pick Pigella, who is Rose in miraculous. That means a user may not choose Rose as a character of choice, but if no mod chooses Purple Tigress who is Juleka in miraculous, then a user may choose Juleka as a character of choice.

Q: What happens after a monthly event week has ended?

A: Once an event week has ended, users or mods may delete any info regarding the event week in their pfp, background, mood, etc and revert back to normal using whatever you'd normally use and wait for the next event week to start. I will update the schedule with the quota set, how many participants we got during the event, and tell everyone if we will have a revival week for that event later down the line.

Q: Why do you have monthly event weeks? What made you come up with the idea that made it into a reality today?

A: I came up with monthly event weeks back in April 2021 when the staff team did the Miraculous event. Once I saw how successful and planned out it was, I saw inspiration to take it to the next level, which is getting users to participate as well. These monthly event weeks were originally inspired by my habit of using pfp character themes for every character I am in my pfp, representing them across my profile as well. That's why we have monthly event weeks today, because I saw the growth and excitement of people during the miraculous event and users talked to us as if we were the real miraculous-wearing superheroes. That is the point of event weeks, to make the users believe we are these characters from these games, animes, tv shows, etc. The successfulness, growth, and excitement gained from the miraculous event last year is why we have event weeks today, and to continue this throughout the years of kids chat one day, will hopefully make kidschat.net grow as a userbase again like how it used to be in 2019.

I hope I have answered all questions regarding monthly event weeks in this FAQ that you all may have had. If anyone has further questions regarding these monthly event weeks, you can pm me on chat, or you can dm me on disc from Kevin's server, if you're there already! Any suggestions for new event weeks can be posted below!
league of legends week !!!! or persona :3