Pronoun Option?

strider

We've all seen the male/female/other on profiles and blue, pink, or grey rings. Oftentimes people with the 'other' option are misgendered, and so on-so forth. Plus, it's not super often people read bios, which is usually where users put their pronouns. I think it would be a neat idea to either replace the gender text on profiles with pronouns, or add them in beside it. I'm thinking a dropdown menu or a text box that allows people to enter their neopronouns if they use them :]

Just a little idea, not intended to be a gender rant or anything.

I see the merit in this and in an ideal world this sounds like a great idea, but honestly, it would probably just start more fights and discrimination than do good. Especially during pride month homophobes and anti-lgbtq+ people, in general, have been way more vocal than normal.

I see the merit in this and in an ideal world this sounds like a great idea, but honestly, it would probably just start more fights and discrimination than do good. Especially during pride month homophobes and anti-lgbtq+ people, in general, have been way more vocal than normal.
True, true. I guess we have to stick to cheering the people who use "they/them" at default instead of assuming, lol

Not to mention the transphobe who bring up John Money every 2 seconds

If you don't use your mood for anything you can put them there, I see people do that a lot. It works because it's one of the first things you see and saves any potential misgendering if you do get triggered by that sort of thing.

My idea would just be what google does and have the option to select other, then be able to type in your gender and choose whether to use they/them etc

My idea would just be what google does and have the option to select other, then be able to type in your gender and choose whether to use they/them etc
So I can identify as John Money? I feel like the **** users would use that for bad things so I don’t think we should be able to type our own custom gender

So I can identify as John Money? I feel like the **** users would use that for bad things so I don’t think we should be able to type our own custom gender
yeah it would be a better idea to just have pronouns be the customizable thing

It'd be quite troublesome to use a list of genders since there are so many it'd be hard to find just one not to mention the fights that would ensue for a missing gender on the list

We're at a point where so much is uncertain and unknown, but people assume that it is on both sides that having both fully customizable, and from a list will both cause mass controversy lol. There's really no winning

We're at a point where so much is uncertain and unknown, but people assume that it is on both sides that having both fully customizable, and from a list will both cause mass controversy lol. There's really no winning
Then just have 3 gender options: male, female, and mental illness