Question about the type of punishment given.

Corrin

Chat Mod
As the title states, I'm just questioning the type of punishment. I totally understand why I was punished, I get that very clearly. ("KCR-19 Do not give out your address or any personal information about yourself which could lead to undesirables finding out things about you which could endanger your personal welfare.") I just would like to know why this type of action results in a 30-minute kick, and not a deletion of the message and a warning or something? It feels odd to me to punish something like this with a no warning instant kick, might just be me. lol

Attachments

• 322.png
    322.png
    34 KB · Views: 16
I have to agree you should've just gotten a warning rather than a kick since a kick seems a little harsh for something like that plus I doubt that was a serious thing

Indeed, the thing is I've joked like this many times while a mod was definitely watching chat and never been punished, never received a warning either.

Well you see bots asked for that kind of info all the time and beside you do know why you are kicked why are you complaining vasically? Its a kick violation not warn violation

I'm not complaining at all, that's missing the point of the post, it's asking why that is the punishment chosen. I deserved to be punished but on a base level I think the punishment should be handled differently, also, didn't know it didn't count as a strike. Although that wasn't the point in the first place. I do not care that I was kicked, I was just curious about the logic behind it, that's all.

Don't agree with the complaining part, but I do agree with the type of punishment since it was a warning strike and considering the nature of "dm me for credit card info" with all the bots and sacmmers, Ik it was a joke but i also know how this place deals with jokes

I have honestly never seen a bot on KidsChat ask for credit card information. I understand the punishment to an extent. Yet people make jokes like that all the time and you don't see them getting kicked. Unless I'm blind. But yeah, you kinda deserved the punishment amigo. Kinda I guess.

I have honestly never seen a bot on KidsChat ask for credit card information. I understand the punishment to an extent. Yet people make jokes like that all the time and you don't see them getting kicked. Unless I'm blind. But yeah, you kinda deserved the punishment amigo. Kinda I guess.
First: you really need to stop with "I guess" start making up your mind and trust your decisions and opinions
Second: while I haven't seen any bots like those its still a possibility
Third: I have seen people get kicked for similar stuff like that, ie. That "all I need is your credit card number, expiration date, and the 3 numbers on the back" copypasta and once I was pmed by a user who wanted my credit card info so that they can buy themselves something, and so I reported and Seconds later saw them get kicked
So whether it be giving credit card info or asking for credit card info, they do get kicked even if it was a joke

Reactions: Mai
First: you really need to stop with "I guess" start making up your mind and trust your decisions and opinions
Second: while I haven't seen any bots like those its still a possibility
Third: I have seen people get kicked for similar stuff like that, ie. That "all I need is your credit card number, expiration date, and the 3 numbers on the back" copypasta and once I was pmed by a user who wanted my credit card info so that they can buy themselves something, and so I reported and Seconds later saw them get kicked
So whether it be giving credit card info or asking for credit card info, they do get kicked even if it was a joke
Yeah, you're right. Sorry for saying "I guess" a lot. Lmao.