Story for game and plans for the future

FriendlyChemist

Friendly Neighborhood Chemist
So as some of you guys know, I've been trying to create a persona fan game. The first idea was a Persona 4 fan game but with our current times, I thought it was too insensitive. But this new plot, has tie-ins to the story of Persona 3.

Content Warning: This game deals heavily with suicide and lightly touches on murder and s*xual assault. If this is a sensitive topic, please do not continue reading.

Color: Persona games design their themes, story, and art off one specific color. Persona 3, 4, and 5 used the three primary colors of blue, yellow, and red respectively. This game will go with the secondary color of Purple.

Theme: The main theme and message of this game is to live life to the fullest, not letting the hardships of life cripple you moving forward and to find solace with those around you through these hard times.

How to summon persona: Taking off your mask and agree to your persona that you will try to overcome your hardships.

Story summary:

Prelude:
After the events of Persona 3, it is widely believed that the members of the Kirijo group are dead. As it turns out, several members survived the creation of the Dark Hour and decide to continue their research in controlling the human psyche. In doing so, they create the Phone App, GAIA.

Main Story:
April:

The protagonist just moved into the new city of Kobe. There, he lives with Sawako Ichikawa (a public prosecutor) and her sister, Akari Ichikawa. That night, you awaken in a strange place. A man named Igor and a woman named Agatha explain that this is the Velvet Room and that they will meet again. Eventually, you attend your first day of school where you meet Yasuke Watanabe and his friend, Kumiko Uemura. Kumiko explains to you guys about an app she downloaded and she encourages you two to get it. You download the app and that night, a voice reached out to you. The next morning while walking to school with Yasuke, you begin talking about a girl named Hiroko. Who's known for relentlessly bullying people around the school. This triggers the app to send you all to another world where your school becomes an Amusement Park. There, you meet a robot. The robot forgot everything about why it's there or who it is. You all decide to name it "Chidori." The three of you are captured by the shadows there and is taken to the shadow version of Hiroko. She beats you guys up and in your moment of desperation, you awaken to your initial persona, Sisyphus. After defeating shadows, you all exit that strange world and continue with the rest of your school day. The next day, you notice that Hiroko has been bullying 2 girls named Yuuka and Atsumi. That day, Yasuke encourages you two to go back to that world. Kumiko subsequently follows to understand what's happening. It is there when Yasuke awakens to his initial persona, Icarus. The two of you hear screaming and you find that Kumiko is now being beaten by who she thought was her friend. Kumiko, now coming face-to-face with the true nature of her friend awakens to her persona, Molpadia. The next day, you and Yasuke are tasked to get something for your teacher while she heads to an emergency faculty meeting. When you enter the room, you find the hanging corpse of Atsumi. The police is immediately called and she is confirmed dead at the scene. The police confirm that Atsumi's father had also committed suicide that day and that both were found with Magician Tarot Cards in their pockets. Yuuka is broken by this and runs off. The three of you confront Hiroko about this. Hiroko laughs it off and continues to go about her day. You then go to find Yuuka and help her cope with her loss. You explain to her that there is a way for them to put Hiroko to justice and Yuuka agrees to join. In the palace, Yuuka awakens to her initial persona, Bolina. By the end of this month, a mass suicide would take place on a train, killing 16 and injuring 71. What puzzles police is the fact that all 5 of the people who were reported having committed suicide were all found with tarot cards, from the Priestess to the Chariot. The Kobe Train Incident rocks Japan as people begin to worry about these unexplained suicides. This causes the police to call Sawako Ichikawa to begin investigating the crime scenes.

May:
After beating The Amusement Park of Wrath, Hiroko admits to the school about her crimes. She is extremely apologetic, almost as if her heart is changed. The newly formed team rejoices at their victory. At this point, another suicide victim is found. This time with the Justice Tarot Card. Soon, Chidori will call you and explain that she knows where its memories are being stored. You go meet Chidori in the phone world where she explains that the giant tower is known as "Tartarus" is the source of its memories and it asks that you help it get it. You agree to help her retrieve its memories. Soon, the school will hire a mental health professional named Ichiko Matsukaze to prevent another suicide and help those who are directly affected by the suicide. The police also become suspicious about what's been going on. Commissioner Mayumi Seto appoints a detective named Tetsuo Hitoshi to investigate your group as she suspects that the suicides are a result of extortion. Tetsuo begins to talk to you and Yasuke about your opinions of what's been going on over the past month. Eventually, Tetsuo is forced to investigate death threats being made to Mrs. Mizuno. Tetsuo is open about it so your group decides to help Tetsuo with his case. Eventually, you find the daughter of Mrs. Mizuno, Chiharu. She explains that she and her father divorced but she hasn't heard much from him. When you investigate the voice messages, you guys find that they used a pitch changer to send the voicemail. When you unpitch it, you find that the voice matches the voice of Tohru Mizuno, the husband of Mrs. Mizuno. After learning this, you realize that Tohru has been in hiding, and hasn't been seen in almost 4 months. Feeling lost, you decide that your only option is to go to the phone world. Tetsuo, although reluctant, agrees to join you. This begins the palace. It is here when Chiharu awakens to her initial persona, Io. By this month, you will meet Sawako's fiance, Zenjiro Takeba. Also by this month, another suicide victim will be found with Hermit Tarot Card.

June:
After beating The Icicle Castle of Envy, you celebrate your victory, not knowing that Tetsuo is spying on your group. During this month, another suicide victim will be found, this time with The Fortune Tarot Card. Soon, a celebrity will be coming to your city and that has your friends stoked. Meanwhile, at the mall, you eventually meet an entrepreneur named Daizo Akisada. Afterwards, a celebrity named Kiyoshi Hojo comes to your city to perform. You and your friends go there to watch the show. After the show, your group stays put because it started to rain. That's when you find that Kiyoshi is attempting to force a woman into her car. You foil his plans and the altercation you had got physical. He threatened to sue you if you come out with this story. The group decides to try and find a way to get him arrested for what he did without getting sued. You go to Akari to see if she can get info from Sawako's computer. When she does, however, she is immediately caught looking through her files on the suicide cases. She berates you two for attempting to illegally obtain information on someone. Without much choice, you conclude to go to the phone world. This begins his palace. In the palace, Akari awakens to her persona, Ariadne. At the end of this month, another suicide victim will be found. This time with the Strength Tarot Card. That night, TV programming was hacked, and a figure explains their message to all of Japan. The message reads, "I am the cause of the recent spontaneous suicides across the city. You might have noticed I used tarot cards for these. I am The Fool. Just like the Fool Tarot Card, I am the beginning and the end." News publication of this story becomes rampant as the city begins to fear about a potential serial killer.

July:
After beating The Airship of Lust, you celebrate your victory, still oblivious to Tetsuo. At this point, another suicide victim is found with the Hanged Man Tarot Card. During this time, you notice that Tetuso has been feeling down over the past couple of weeks. Behind the scenes, it's revealed that Tetsuo has been struggling to pay rent because he's spending his money to pay for his mother's medical expenses. Overworking himself to make ends meet. Tetsuo easily plays on the facade that he has nothing in his life to really worry about and that he's truly a chill dude. This wouldn't come to your attention if it wasn't for the mandatory Tartarus quest (this quest also gives Chidori pieces of its memory and she reveals major information about personas and palaces). In this quest, a man explains that the police commissioner has been siphoning money from her workforce for her own financial gain. You understand that Tetsuo works for the commissioner so you ask him about the commissioner. He denies the allegation but you don't stop your investigation when it's revealed that the commissioner has a palace. You decide to investigate the palace and it's revealed that the allegations were true. While continuing your investigation, your entire group gets captured. Not having much of a choice, you call Tetsuo for help. This begins the stealth mission with Tetsuo. When Tetsuo reaches you guys, he comes face to face with the person, the person he works for truly is. This is when Tetsuo awakens to his initial persona, Odysseus. Also, Chidori awakens to its persona, Talos. This also begins the palace. By the end of this month, another suicide victim is found. This time with the Death tarot card. And on July 21, it's the official start of Summer Break.

Last edited:

I took the time to read all the way up to August because I'll continue it for another day
I actually don't know anything about Persona, but your story is great so far granted that I had to look up a few things up about the series. Although there are quite a few unexplained things in your plot, maybe this isn't the final final plot so more things will be added in the future.
There's a lot of effort in this, and I can see all of it đź‘€

I took the time to read all the way up to August because I'll continue it for another day
I actually don't know anything about Persona, but your story is great so far granted that I had to look up a few things up about the series. Although there are quite a few unexplained things in your plot, maybe this isn't the final final plot so more things will be added in the future.
There's a lot of effort in this, and I can see all of it đź‘€
Thanks! ^^