SUGGESTIONS/PROPOSITIONS

strider

1- As probably all of you have witnessed, currently we're dealing with a quite bothersome guest/fake user spike, mainly containing French users, following the recent release of this ******* video
Users from France would obviously not be a problem, however most if not all of them speak French- which definitely contradicts our Englus only rule. Not only is this a hassle for moderators and brings their attention to the spam rather than other issues that may be genuinely harmful, but is also just incredibly irritating for other users.
This is why I'd like to suggest an implemented trigger for french messages and a spam filter (ex- __ messages in __ amount of time) that would issue an automatic warning and/or punishment (such as probably a kick or ban) when triggered.

2- I'm sure many of you whom have been online recently have noticed a lack of moderators in the online userlist. The few I have seen on more frequently in this time have been Acorn and Tifa (thank you) and occasionally other mods popping on and off during the day. However, there is a clear time at later hours of the night where no moderators are on and many users break rules, etc.
I've seen the moderator application forum, and to my memory (unless it has been updated) one of the questions asked for your timezone and a general schedule when you would most be online, and days you can/cannot be moderating. I propose we take those schedules upon promotion and translate them all into one time zone, then use that and try and implement a rough schedule of "Hey, please try to definitely be online and moderating from this time to this time, as your timezone and schedule indicate that's possible. If you are on for longer than that, cool, but we need a mod on then." And hopefully try to keep a consistent moderation.

3- Its a no-brainer we have minors on this chat. And some of them may not be super familiar with signs of grooming and predatory behavior. I suggest we make a video or message that is automatically sent to a new user when they enter the chat, and maybe have a small set of questions on the most important highlights of said video they need to answer right before they can interact with the chat so we know they were paying some attention. The video would highlight features of KidsChat and how to navigate it, and also some red flags or things they should be cautious of, and tell them to report those things, etc etc.

I am definitely interested in hearing other suggestions or add-ons of my own. :]

Last edited:
It will die down soon, hopefully 🥲. Maybe we can try and schedule-coordinate the times we are on so that the chat gets more 24hr coverage. All in all good suggestions (I don't know about 3. though).