Suggestions

DetectiveTeaCup102

If I may make my opinions and suggestions known. I would like to suggest some things for KidsChat. I have 5 things I would love to bring up. And if some of them seem impossible or downright idiotic. Let me know.

1. Self-Censorship
Allow us to censor ourselves but keep the censors. I am not suggesting we remove the censorship we have now, I suggest that self censorship should be allowed. Because some words that are censored don't have any malicious meaning to it. Like "instantly". The word insta is censored, and because it is censored, most of the word "instantly" is cenorsed. And there are some mods out there who say "Don't bypass censors" when you bypass an innocent censored word.

2. VIP
VIPs don't get their accounts deleted if they get banned. But normal users do. (Since VIPs actually spend money. Unless their VIP runs out.) I think it should be that no accounts can be deleted, unless the person did something extremely bad. Like: being a predator, harassment, etc. (The really bad stuff).

3. Mods sharing information
Mods should not be allowed to share kick information with people who ask for it. The mod who kicked then, the reasoning, who reported them, etc. Anyone can ask for someone's kick information or ban information, and some mods will give it to them. There is no need for that, especially when it's none of their business.

4. Make it so guests can't interact
I saw on another chat site that guests weren't allowed to interact with the chat, so I think we should make it so guests have limited interaction.

PicsArt_01-27-01.56.02.jpg

5. Age Display
All staff members should have their age displayed. Because I find it weird that they don't. Unless their over 19, then they have no need to hide their age. Some mods do display their ages, but others don't.

Feel free to critique them. Some may sound stupid. Thanks for listening. :3
~Jas

If I may make my opinions and suggestions known. I would like to suggest some things for KidsChat. I have 5 things I would love to bring up. And if some of them seem impossible or downright idiotic. Let me know.

1. Self-Censorship
Allow us to censor ourselves but keep the censors. I am not suggesting we remove the censorship we have now, I suggest that self censorship should be allowed. Because some words that are censored don't have any malicious meaning to it. Like "instantly". The word insta is censored, and because it is censored, most of the word "instantly" is cenorsed. And there are some mods out there who say "Don't bypass censors" when you bypass an innocent censored word.

2. VIP
VIPs don't get their accounts deleted if they get banned. But normal users do. (Since VIPs actually spend money. Unless their VIP runs out.) I think it should be that no accounts can be deleted, unless the person did something extremely bad. Like: being a predator, harassment, etc. (The really bad stuff).

3. Mods sharing information
Mods should not be allowed to share kick information with people who ask for it. The mod who kicked then, the reasoning, who reported them, etc. Anyone can ask for someone's kick information or ban information, and some mods will give it to them. There is no need for that, especially when it's none of their business.

4. Make it so guests can't interact
I saw on another chat site that guests weren't allowed to interact with the chat, so I think we should make it so guests have limited interaction.

View attachment 152

5. Age Display
All staff members should have their age displayed. Because I find it weird that they don't. Unless their over 19, then they have no need to hide their age. Some mods do display their ages, but others don't.

Feel free to critique them. Some may sound stupid. Thanks for listening. :3
~Jas
Responses to each of these 5 suggestions are as follows in corresponding number order:

1. This can be fixed by allowing mods to view what censored word you are saying, so they know to warn or not. For example, if a mod clicked or tapped on the censored word, the word would appear as normal, if this were to ever happen. Then mods can determine innocent or bad and quote the bad ones in their kick reasons.

2. I asked this before to ark about not deleting accounts, but this won't change. It'll fill up the ban list more which means a more laggy chatroom.

3. Only thing we can't share is other accounts. Other accounts is personal information while kick history is not. People ask all the time why someone is kicked. That is not any mod's problem. We are allowed to answer why. Sometimes i just say "they did something inapp" instead of the real thing. Yea, that info i won't share especially embarrassing kicks, but i will share if it's like socials or censor bypassing, etc because those aren't embarrassing to be kicked about.

4. Agreed 100%. This is probably the compromise ark has been looking for. It was suggested that guests get a separate room, but this one makes them register and not talk.

5. Mods shouldn't have to have their age displayed. I only do it because when i did put it up back in chat avenue people still asked me "how old are you". So i figured no point in putting it up, and i also believe that asking what is a person's age is disrespectful. One should know someone's age naturally through conversation instead of using asl or "what's your age" and that is basically what the profile is, an "asl-like" concept where you have, for example, "17" "male" and "united states" in a profile. I don't believe in 'asl' or any of that stuff so that is why my age and where im from is blank on my profile. Idk why other mods do it, but that is my reasoning for this.

Responses to each of these 5 suggestions are as follows in corresponding number order:

1. This can be fixed by allowing mods to view what censored word you are saying, so they know to warn or not. For example, if a mod clicked or tapped on the censored word, the word would appear as normal, if this were to ever happen. Then mods can determine innocent or bad and quote the bad ones in their kick reasons.

2. I asked this before to ark about not deleting accounts, but this won't change. It'll fill up the ban list more which means a more laggy chatroom.

3. Only thing we can't share is other accounts. Other accounts is personal information while kick history is not. People ask all the time why someone is kicked. That is not any mod's problem. We are allowed to answer why. Sometimes i just say "they did something inapp" instead of the real thing. Yea, that info i won't share especially embarrassing kicks, but i will share if it's like socials or censor bypassing, etc because those aren't embarrassing to be kicked about.

4. Agreed 100%. This is probably the compromise ark has been looking for. It was suggested that guests get a separate room, but this one makes them register and not talk.

5. Mods shouldn't have to have their age displayed. I only do it because when i did put it up back in chat avenue people still asked me "how old are you". So i figured no point in putting it up, and i also believe that asking what is a person's age is disrespectful. One should know someone's age naturally through conversation instead of using asl or "what's your age" and that is basically what the profile is, an "asl-like" concept where you have, for example, "17" "male" and "united states" in a profile. I don't believe in 'asl' or any of that stuff so that is why my age and where im from is blank on my profile. Idk why other mods do it, but that is my reasoning for this.
The last suggestion was kind of a stupid one. I apologise for that. I appreciate your response. Thank you. ☺️ And yeah, my suggestions weren't perfect or the best by any means. But I will gladly express my ideas if I think they are beneficial to the chat, users, mods, etc.

Update:
I will be updating my list often. These ideas or suggestions may or may not even be implemented, but I am going to keep adding more as I think of them.

#1 Drugs (99.9% bad stuff.)
I saw some users talk about drugs in the main chat today. And I want a rule that goes against that.

In my eyes, kids shouldn't talk about drugs or even do drugs. And it's a censored word on KidsChat, so why even talk about it?

And out of all the 38 rules, I saw no rule against talking about drugs or drugs overall.(Only if they bypass the censor, would it be considered breaking a rule.) So, I wish to change that.

Make a rule against drugs. Simple. Ban drugs entirely.
Meaning: censor the word, cigarette, weed, etc. And kick/warn anyone who talks about it.

~Jas 🌺

Update:
I will be updating my list often. These ideas or suggestions may or may not even be implemented, but I am going to keep adding more as I think of them.

#1 Drugs (99.9% bad stuff.)
I saw some users talk about drugs in the main chat today. And I want a rule that goes against that.

In my eyes, kids shouldn't talk about drugs or even do drugs. And it's a censored word on KidsChat, so why even talk about it?

And out of all the 38 rules, I saw no rule against talking about drugs or drugs overall.(Only if they bypass the censor, would it be considered breaking a rule.) So, I wish to change that.

Make a rule against drugs. Simple. Ban drugs entirely.
Meaning: censor the word, cigarette, weed, etc. And kick/warn anyone who talks about it.

~Jas 🌺
Perhaps when ark makes the 2021 rulebook, he can add this. I believe things like peer pressure can happen here and it could be a bad influence to someone's real life if they listen to people who peer pressure, which most kids will do, especially if they do not see the peer pressure videos that elementary schools will usually show kids. This one influence can change a person entirely and make them a bad influence, and this can create an unnecessary chain of people blaming this site that people are allowed to peer pressure here. So, yes. I agree a rule about drugs should be enabled in some form or fashion, so this site is not accountable for its users trying to peer pressure other kids with drugs or any of this. This can be compared to how there is a rule about self harm talk so there is no site accountability for users who actually do self harm. They will not blame the site because mods are telling them not to talk about it, but the parents will know their kid is peer pressured by this site's users who talk about drugs, and the site will be accountable for that, sadly. We do want kids to be safe. I can see the topic of drugs allowed on a teen chat, but a kids chat? I can't see and don't wanna see peer pressure happening to kids. So please, make a rule in some form or fashion about not allowing talk of drugs or something along the line of not allowing users to peer pressure each other into doing things that shouldn't be done in society.

Maybe remove the ability to delete messages for users. I know it's nice if there's a mistake but I see users straight up break rules then get away with it before someone is able to report the message unless they got fast reflexes which is kind of a problem

Maybe remove the ability to delete messages for users. I know it's nice if there's a mistake but I see users straight up break rules then get away with it before someone is able to report the message unless they got fast reflexes which is kind of a problem
Yeah. You are right on that. I agree. I could add that to the list if you'd like.

I brought this issue up to the site administrator, he informed me that it is required by the European countries that all users be allowed to delete things they post and since this is a worldwide chat he must either comply with the rules or make it to where is locks out half the world.

Update #2:

#1 Connection between KC and forums

As it stands, the two aren't connected.
I want to connect the two.
No fully, not completely.
Let's say, someone did something completely bad on the forums, they didn't get in trouble on KidsChat for it.
In simplistic terms, I want the people to be held accountable for their actions on the forums. If that makes sense. It sounds so simple in my head, yet it's probably complicated.

People do come here for help when they are falsely banned or kicked. But since I think the ban rule has been changed, it won't really affect that that much.

#2 Blocking (On forums)
This took longer than expected.
But. On KidsChat, when you block someone, you can't see their messages in main or on the wall.

The same is for here. But since this is a forums. I don't know if my idea is even possible, but, completely blocking someone.

PicsArt_03-21-06.28.23.jpg

You can ignore people. And you can't see what they post. And you can't see their threads if they happen to post any.

But, they can see yours. And still comment and reply on it.

I want to be able to completely block someone. So, if either person hits the ignore button, that's it. You should be or they should be completely ignored. No commenting or replying to your threads. Along with the already established, not being able to view it.
~Jas 🌺