Suggestions

DetectiveTeaCup102

If I may make my opinions and suggestions known. I would like to suggest some things for KidsChat. I have 5 things I would love to bring up. And if some of them seem impossible or downright idiotic. Let me know.

1. Self-Censorship
Allow us to censor ourselves but keep the censors. I am not suggesting we remove the censorship we have now, I suggest that self censorship should be allowed. Because some words that are censored don't have any malicious meaning to it. Like "instantly". The word insta is censored, and because it is censored, most of the word "instantly" is cenorsed. And there are some mods out there who say "Don't bypass censors" when you bypass an innocent censored word.

2. VIP
VIPs don't get their accounts deleted if they get banned. But normal users do. (Since VIPs actually spend money. Unless their VIP runs out.) I think it should be that no accounts can be deleted, unless the person did something extremely bad. Like: being a predator, harassment, etc. (The really bad stuff).

3. Mods sharing information
Mods should not be allowed to share kick information with people who ask for it. The mod who kicked then, the reasoning, who reported them, etc. Anyone can ask for someone's kick information or ban information, and some mods will give it to them. There is no need for that, especially when it's none of their business.

4. Make it so guests can't interact
I saw on another chat site that guests weren't allowed to interact with the chat, so I think we should make it so guests have limited interaction.

PicsArt_01-27-01.56.02.jpg

5. Age Display
All staff members should have their age displayed. Because I find it weird that they don't. Unless their over 19, then they have no need to hide their age. Some mods do display their ages, but others don't.

Feel free to critique them. Some may sound stupid. Thanks for listening. :3
~Jas

Update #2:

#1 Connection between KC and forums

As it stands, the two aren't connected.
I want to connect the two.
No fully, not completely.
Let's say, someone did something completely bad on the forums, they didn't get in trouble on KidsChat for it.
In simplistic terms, I want the people to be held accountable for their actions on the forums. If that makes sense. It sounds so simple in my head, yet it's probably complicated.

People do come here for help when they are falsely banned or kicked. But since I think the ban rule has been changed, it won't really affect that that much.

#2 Blocking (On forums)
This took longer than expected.
But. On KidsChat, when you block someone, you can't see their messages in main or on the wall.

The same is for here. But since this is a forums. I don't know if my idea is even possible, but, completely blocking someone.

View attachment 198

You can ignore people. And you can't see what they post. And you can't see their threads if they happen to post any.

But, they can see yours. And still comment and reply on it.

I want to be able to completely block someone. So, if either person hits the ignore button, that's it. You should be or they should be completely ignored. No commenting or replying to your threads. Along with the already established, not being able to view it.
~Jas 🌺
Me has an idea for one. More than three report options, sometimes it's hard to discern what to report because it's hard to tell which of the three categories it falls under, I have people asking for socials all the time but there's never any way to report that specifically it's either abusive language or inappropriate content which it doesn't really apply to.

Update #3:

This isn't a suggestion. But 38 rules is a lot. Some can be combined. And some can be added.

If you combine some rules together, they're wouldn't be 38. Because the way I see it, some rules can easily be combined with each other.

And I am working on which can be mixed together. I am making my own version of the rule list. And I will post it in my suggestions as well. I will find a way to make the 38 rules we have now, and make the list shorter.

Quality over quantity.

~Jas 🌺

Update #4:

Not that anyone reads these anymore.
But.

1. A forums button

PicsArt_04-13-09.08.19.jpg
Unless you have the page bookmarked, you have to go to the main page of KidsChat just to access the forums. Which is kinda dumb.
So a forums button would be pretty nice.
And no, there is no forums link in the News section. A quick and easy way to get to the forums from the chat (the part of the website people use the most).

2. Seeing kicks

You can see when someone is banned. Of course. But it'd be nice to see if they are kicked. Like, when someone gets kicked, they go offline. Or supposedly. So, it would be nice to see if a user is kicked or not. Display it in the same way you display when someone is banned, on their profile. And maybe this is a stretch, a real time timer, counting down how many minutes or hours they have left.

~Jas 🌺

Update #4:

Not that anyone reads these anymore.
But.

1. A forums button

View attachment 365
Unless you have the page bookmarked, you have to go to the main page of KidsChat just to access the forums. Which is kinda dumb.
So a forums button would be pretty nice.
And no, there is no forums link in the News section. A quick and easy way to get to the forums from the chat (the part of the website people use the most).

2. Seeing kicks

You can see when someone is banned. Of course. But it'd be nice to see if they are kicked. Like, when someone gets kicked, they go offline. Or supposedly. So, it would be nice to see if a user is kicked or not. Display it in the same way you display when someone is banned, on their profile. And maybe this is a stretch, a real time timer, counting down how many minutes or hours they have left.

~Jas 🌺
-yes we could use a more easier way to access the forms, i always have to keep the tab open on my browser
-and i dont see why we shouldn't be able to see if a user is kicked, like you mentioned we can already see when a user is banned but we can also see when a user is muted, it would be useful to see that someone is kicked especially if it's your friend as it'll let you know why they're not on and maybe include when they were kicked so it can give you an idea of when to expect them to return

Update #5:

Eh.

Gif pfps:
Because why not?
PicsArt_04-26-07.55.50.jpg
putting a gif as your pfp shows up as a working, moving Image. But once you select okay, it turns into a still image.
Unless I'm wrong. But this would be a cool feature. For KidsChat as well. We can have Gif backgrounds, but not pfps.
Which goes along with the file size limit, I know the file size limit can be changed, they just keep it at an absurd low.

~Jas 🌺