Username Logs

Corrin

Chat Mod
Hey, just putting a quick question out there. I'm not outraged or anything by this, mainly just curious as to why this is the case.
I changed my username recently, and when you go to my profile, it shows a little thing next to my name and when you click on it, it shows my previous aliases. I was wondering why this is a thing that is publicly available. The only other platform I have that does this is steam, but steam also gives you the option to clear your previous aliases, whereas it appears you don't have that option here. Personally, I think it'd be for the best if it didn't display them at all, but maybe that's just me. It just feels weird and should be something that should be kept private. At the very least, it seems like something I should have a choice in the matter of. Thanks :3

Attachments

• 555.png
    555.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 558.png
    558.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 34
Yeah. You should have some choice in the matter, as it is your profile. It all kinda seems ridiculous to me. Yet kinda understandable. Sadly, I do not have any answers. But I'm sure the higher ups have some lovely answers for this. Lol

Hey, just putting a quick question out there. I'm not outraged or anything by this, mainly just curious as to why this is the case.
I changed my username recently, and when you go to my profile, it shows a little thing next to my name and when you click on it, it shows my previous aliases. I was wondering why this is a thing that is publicly available. The only other platform I have that does this is steam, but steam also gives you the option to clear your previous aliases, whereas it appears you don't have that option here. Personally, I think it'd be for the best if it didn't display them at all, but maybe that's just me. It just feels weird and should be something that should be kept private. At the very least, it seems like something I should have a choice in the matter of. Thanks :3
wow that's such a big deal omg that must be so tough šŸ„±

There's sites which don't even give you the option to change your name though. Do other forums allow you to change your username? I don't know as I don't use forums in general. Also can you even delete an account here? I think you can't, just like the chat-avenue forums. I think there's more important things, that need to be changed soon, other than the site showing a user's previous usernames. And also why would anyone wanna hide that?

There's sites which don't even give you the option to change your name though. Do other forums allow you to change your username? I don't know as I don't use forums in general. Also can you even delete an account here? I think you can't, just like the chat-avenue forums. I think there's more important things, that need to be changed soon, other than the site showing a user's previous usernames. And also why would anyone wanna hide that?
I'm not saying this is an important issue at all, I just noticed it and thought it was weird. I haven't seen anything like it before.

Yep, the forums need changes too not just the chat oof.
Agreed, it should at least be looked into. The forums are run pretty tight though, there really isn't anything *wrong* with them, just nitpicks really.

Rosafari please, why must you reply to every single thread you see with something completely unrelated. You are unbareable.

what do you mean with "something completely unrelated." you're the one who told me to delete my account first
I won't respond to you any further as to not make this any worse than it already is. Please just stop being a hypocrite, for the love of god stop.