You gotta let 'em go

TheDetectivePrincee

Pomegranate Prince
I got a repetitive problem of not letting crap go so I wanted to give some advice and just let stuff go sometimes. I know it's hard to let something dead die but you can't just hold onto something for your life when it's gone. I also wanted to hear some stories of stuff you just had to let go be it a person a friendship anything goes

Well basically my parents divorced and my mom remarried this dude and it was like a huge secret but anyways so we all moved into a house and I also got stepsisters and I was really close with them (or so I thought) and we did so many things together, it was like they were my real sisters. We used to have so much fun and like stay up all night and play games but things took a turn because my mom and stepdad always yelled at each other and sometimes we would have huge fights to the point where the neighbors would hear but anyways on top of that, my mom would be really abusive towards me (things I can't say) and I was really depressed and I felt like nobody was there for me and my brother was also abusive (a whole different story). Anyways, so things kept getting worse and worse and my stepdad would leave occasionally and he promised he wouldn't again but he kept leaving and it turned into everyday. And when he would leave he left to his ex wife's house (and he stayed there overnight) so my mom kept believing that he wouldn't leave her again even though he constantly did, so then one day my stepdad just left for good and never came back and I also started living with my dad bc of lots of different reasons. Anways, so I thought I was really close with my stepsisters but lots of things happened and I guess I saw their true colors. and also my stepdad would be really mean towards me like yell at me for no reason and always take my stepsister's side even though they were wrong. And during this time I was really sad and I felt betrayed because I trusted them and i thought we were close and they just did that. anways, I'm still in the process of letting them go and i hope one day i can forget them but whenever i thing abt it, it makes me sad. but i think I've improved from before (it's been 7 months now). lots of things happened since then and life is still hard but i guess i should think abt the positive things of life instead of the negative things to make things easier.

Letting go is quite the hardship. Knowing you didn't get justice for something someone did. Knowing they get to walk away without any punishment. It's quite stupid. I will admit, yes, letting go would be for the best, but that's if both sides agree to let it go. One side wants desperately to escape their inevitable downfall, while the other side wants to cause the downfall the other person deserves.

Well basically my parents divorced and my mom remarried this dude and it was like a huge secret but anyways so we all moved into a house and I also got stepsisters and I was really close with them (or so I thought) and we did so many things together, it was like they were my real sisters. We used to have so much fun and like stay up all night and play games but things took a turn because my mom and stepdad always yelled at each other and sometimes we would have huge fights to the point where the neighbors would hear but anyways on top of that, my mom would be really abusive towards me (things I can't say) and I was really depressed and I felt like nobody was there for me and my brother was also abusive (a whole different story). Anyways, so things kept getting worse and worse and my stepdad would leave occasionally and he promised he wouldn't again but he kept leaving and it turned into everyday. And when he would leave he left to his ex wife's house (and he stayed there overnight) so my mom kept believing that he wouldn't leave her again even though he constantly did, so then one day my stepdad just left for good and never came back and I also started living with my dad bc of lots of different reasons. Anways, so I thought I was really close with my stepsisters but lots of things happened and I guess I saw their true colors. and also my stepdad would be really mean towards me like yell at me for no reason and always take my stepsister's side even though they were wrong. And during this time I was really sad and I felt betrayed because I trusted them and i thought we were close and they just did that. anways, I'm still in the process of letting them go and i hope one day i can forget them but whenever i thing abt it, it makes me sad. but i think I've improved from before (it's been 7 months now). lots of things happened since then and life is still hard but i guess i should think abt the positive things of life instead of the negative things to make things easier.
**** I'm really sorry to hear about that my father and I have a bad relationship where sometimes he just leaves and takes off for a few days I get where you come from but try to think on the positive side

Letting go is quite the hardship. Knowing you didn't get justice for something someone did. Knowing they get to walk away without any punishment. It's quite stupid. I will admit, yes, letting go would be for the best, but that's if both sides agree to let it go. One side wants desperately to escape their inevitable downfall, while the other side wants to cause the downfall the other person deserves.
Isn't it enough if the person has been put in the same spot? Justice is something we all want but sometimes we hardly realize when we get it, even when we get it sometimes that empty void is just never filled no matter how much justice is gotten we should just stop inflicting more suffering and just let go of these things

Isn't it enough if the person has been put in the same spot? Justice is something we all want but sometimes we hardly realize when we get it, even when we get it sometimes that empty void is just never filled no matter how much justice is gotten we should just stop inflicting more suffering and just let go of these things
No, good sir. You don't seem to understand. One does not simply get to walk away from the sins they have committed. Everyone should know of their wrong doing. Suffering, and not having the other person suffer just as much as you did, that's not justice. There is no justice, as I have clearly seen.

No, good sir. You don't seem to understand. One does not simply get to walk away from the sins they have committed. Everyone should know of their wrong doing. Suffering, and not having the other person suffer just as much as you did, that's not justice. There is no justice, as I have clearly seen.
What if there's more than meets the eye? What if one rakes themselves through the mud for others just to make up for what they did? Why force more pain can't everyone just get along? If people keep fighting more people hurt is that worth it?

We all have to recognize and admit our own part in letting other people hurt or disrespect us. I suggest moving on since nothing good will come out of wishing harm on others. Sometimes you gotta let people go and cut them out of your life. Noone is a saint. Like rosafari said, gotta stay positive, otherwise you're no better than the people who hurt you.

What if there's more than meets the eye? What if one rakes themselves through the mud for others just to make up for what they did? Why force more pain can't everyone just get along? If people keep fighting more people hurt is that worth it?
No. You still don't get it. And I'm just assuming you won't ever. People who treat you like crap, should also feel that pain. Being harassed, bullied, manipulated. All of those beautiful things used on the victim, shall be used on the torturer.

No. You still don't get it. And I'm just assuming you won't ever. People who treat you like crap, should also feel that pain. Being harassed, bullied, manipulated. All of those beautiful things used on the victim, shall be used on the torturer.
What if you're just wasting your time? What if you think you're torturing someone when they're just being happy? People gotta be happy by themselves instead of working to destroy others. Besides if you fight someone with torture aren't you just turning them into the victim? Aren't you turning into the bad guy?

What if you're just wasting your time? What if you think you're torturing someone when they're just being happy? People gotta be happy by themselves instead of working to destroy others. Besides if you fight someone with torture aren't you just turning them into the victim? Aren't you turning into the bad guy?
It's simply giving someone what they deserve. The same pain you felt. Making them suffer the way you suffered.