Lol what?

How is saying "for someone living in england, you're bad at english" hate speech?
You are literally hating on someone who is british for speaking bad english, which is their native language. That is hate speech. Not only that, you were being rude to others too as reports piled in. I decided to shove those reports away as those were harmless. But, this is hate speech, and if it’s not then swagger’s kick on wiley coyote is invalid too because it’s the exact same
scenario, but different type of hate.

-Ophelia

So let me get this straight, saying someone is bad at the language they're a native speaker in for repeatedly making grammar and spelling mistake is "hate speech"? Ma'am, here's the definition of hate speech. 20210520_150856.jpg

Better wording for the kick reason would be "offensive" or "insulting" speech. I think it got labeled as "hate" cause you talked about the British people - Ophelia will explain her kick on her own -, but I don't know whether it was an insult to actual british people or the ones who don't type well.

Better wording for the kick reason would be "offensive" or "insulting" speech. I think it got labeled as "hate" cause you talked about the British people - Ophelia will explain her kick on her own -, but I don't know whether it was an insult to actual british people or the ones who don't type well.
With that same logic tho, he should've been the first one kicked. That guy said "I hope your entire family dies of cancer" with a bunch of hyphens and mispellings which prompted that response in the first place

With that same logic tho, he should've been the first one kicked. That guy said "I hope your entire family dies of cancer" with a bunch of hyphens and mispellings which prompted that response in the first place
yeah he should've been kicked not you

If a mod saw that they would have been kicked immediately. Sometimes we miss things, that's why reporting is important. Only some posts getting reported, while the mod has no context regarding the situation, result to only one party being kicked. Reporting posts/comments someone feels are offensive are the best way to go, instead of engaging in fights with the users.

Think everyone prefers to just gang up on someone and wait for a mod to come into main and see it, it's more fun that way but a lotta people go under the radar

If a mod saw that they would have been kicked immediately. Sometimes we miss things, that's why reporting is important. Only some posts getting reported, while the mod has no context regarding the situation, result to only one party being kicked. Reporting posts/comments someone feels are offensive are the best way to go, instead of engaging in fights with the users.
I'm pretty sure at the time Ophelia was on her alt account watching the chat. Also, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I never get offended by things so I didn't view that as offensive nor did I think saying someone is bad at their language is offensive. I don't really know to explain what I was thinking much more than that

I'm pretty sure at the time Ophelia was on her alt account watching the chat. Also, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I never get offended by things so I didn't view that as offensive nor did I think saying someone is bad at their language is offensive. I don't really know to explain what I was thinking much more than that
I don't know the details either tbh so only Ophelia can shed light to this. She said you got reported a few times but I also understand how arguing is normal and throwing insults at someone is expected(within reason). In your case I think what got you kicked was the use of someone's nationality to deliver an insult, which made Ophelia consider it hate speech, idk, I usually don't kick unless I've warned the user to stop being offensive first. However if you got reported it's a mod's duty to handle that report since someone found it offensive enough for a mod to see it.

1. No one reported the “hope your family dies of cancer” post.

2. I was in the staff room that whole day because i was dealing with things in and outside of the chat so I couldn’t watch everything.

3. Why you both were arguing in the first place is beyond me. I wasn’t in main so I couldn’t do anything, and I thought this particular post that was reported was bullying them. Maybe switching the kick reason to bullying is best. I’ll do this when im done with homework. If you want your reports handled, especially when a mod is in the staff room and does not know the context of what’s going on, always flag report your messages so that mod hiding in the staff room (doesn’t only apply to me as others do it too) can see what’s going on. I would have kicked for the death threat too, if you reported it. If you have an ss of them saying it, I’ll happily kick them when I’m done with homework later. ^^

1. No one reported the “hope your family dies of cancer” post.

2. I was in the staff room that whole day because i was dealing with things in and outside of the chat so I couldn’t watch everything.

3. Why you both were arguing in the first place is beyond me. I wasn’t in main so I couldn’t do anything, and I thought this particular post that was reported was bullying them. Maybe switching the kick reason to bullying is best. I’ll do this when im done with homework. If you want your reports handled, especially when a mod is in the staff room and does not know the context of what’s going on, always flag report your messages so that mod hiding in the staff room (doesn’t only apply to me as others do it too) can see what’s going on. I would have kicked for the death threat too, if you reported it. If you have an ss of them saying it, I’ll happily kick them when I’m done with homework later. ^^
I'm arguing specifically because you called it "hate speech" which didn't make any sense. Also, is there no way Arkham can bring up the chatlogs of yesterday and see what he did? Lastly, like what Tifa said, a warning probably would've been nice

I'm arguing specifically because you called it "hate speech" which didn't make any sense. Also, is there no way Arkham can bring up the chatlogs of yesterday and see what he did? Lastly, like what Tifa said, a warning probably would've been nice
That's why I said that I'll switch the kick to "offensive towards a user" because you were offending how they talk using their native language. I'll put a 2 minute mute on your account rn correcting that.

Last edited: