Multiple False Kicks

mastermind

About 1:50-2 AM today, myself and rewindShowtime were wrongly kicked with the obviously false reasoning of bypassing censors by using slurs. We can both say clearly and truthfully that neither of us bypassed a censor or said an offensive/vulgar word, let alone used a slur, and I'm very sure several other members and even moderators can advocate (pun not intended) for the same.

Context-wise, here was the situation prior, as I do believe this is a great pointer for the true reasoning behind the situation;

A past issue had been brought up in conversation, regarding another user being kicked for using a slur. Apparently, Advocate had administered said kick, but only after a significant amount of time, and many users being upset and calling them out for it. They not only showed favoritism, and clearly took no personal issues with the fact that user had used an offensive slur. When this was brought up, Advocate continued to defend the usage of the slur. I and two fellow users, Ellie and Excess, along with several users making comments here and there, criticized them for this, because like most sane people would realize, using a slur you cannot reclaim in ANY context (apparently in this case describing the meaning[?]) is not okay, especially if you are aware of this fact. They continued to defend it, and then began insulting Ellie using vulgar words. Then, assumably as an argument or rebuttal, Advocate brought up an instance from December of 2021 of me mistakenly referring to them with incorrect pronouns. This was a screenshot of one message, and clearly was a mistake. (Furthermore, I have not made a mistake regarding Advocate's pronouns since).

Immediately after I informed them of this, I was kicked. I have not ever said a slur on KidsChat, especially in this current situation, at least speaking from personal recollection. Especially the word in question, which I believe is one used against transgender individuals, which I personally do not like to hear let alone use.

rewindShowtime was also kicked for this same reason, and he was not even there for the argument. He entered a few moments after it had died down, asking about what happened and making a few vague agreements to messages he'd caught the tail end of. After I had been kicked, he went in to ask about the situation, and got kicked immediately upon asking. Excess, also receiving a kick in this instance, was not vocal in the conversation much at all.

Who was obviously in the wrong in this situation, was being criticized and called out, and retaliated by being defensive and using insults? Advocate.
What do these kicks have in common? They were all administered by, you guessed it, Advocate.

My wonderful friend Tessa got on to ask Advocate about this, and they brushed it off like any normal "Oh some users are mad because of generic reason and I am simply unbothered by the attack over it" situation, and immediately logged off. Upon asking Seb afterwards, they reported that Advocate had indeed administered the kick(s), and -quote- had been "wilding out today".

Upon logging back in myself, Seb once again confirmed it was Advocate's doing.

I strongly believe that Advocate should not be let off the hook for this, and frankly that they shouldn't be a moderator if they not only clearly show bias and are willing to defend things like using harmful slurs, but also are going to lash out and abuse their powers like this at the slightest hint of valid criticism.

Below will be the screenshots, labeled, as I apparently cannot post multiple files;

About 1:50-2 AM today, myself and rewindShowtime were wrongly kicked with the obviously false reasoning of bypassing censors by using slurs. We can both say clearly and truthfully that neither of us bypassed a censor or said an offensive/vulgar word, let alone used a slur, and I'm very sure several other members and even moderators can advocate (pun not intended) for the same.

Context-wise, here was the situation prior, as I do believe this is a great pointer for the true reasoning behind the situation;

A past issue had been brought up in conversation, regarding another user being kicked for using a slur. Apparently, Advocate had administered said kick, but only after a significant amount of time, and many users being upset and calling them out for it. They not only showed favoritism, and clearly took no personal issues with the fact that user had used an offensive slur. When this was brought up, Advocate continued to defend the usage of the slur. I and two fellow users, Ellie and Excess, along with several users making comments here and there, criticized them for this, because like most sane people would realize, using a slur you cannot reclaim in ANY context (apparently in this case describing the meaning[?]) is not okay, especially if you are aware of this fact. They continued to defend it, and then began insulting Ellie using vulgar words. Then, assumably as an argument or rebuttal, Advocate brought up an instance from December of 2021 of me mistakenly referring to them with incorrect pronouns. This was a screenshot of one message, and clearly was a mistake. (Furthermore, I have not made a mistake regarding Advocate's pronouns since).

Immediately after I informed them of this, I was kicked. I have not ever said a slur on KidsChat, especially in this current situation, at least speaking from personal recollection. Especially the word in question, which I believe is one used against transgender individuals, which I personally do not like to hear let alone use.

rewindShowtime was also kicked for this same reason, and he was not even there for the argument. He entered a few moments after it had died down, asking about what happened and making a few vague agreements to messages he'd caught the tail end of. After I had been kicked, he went in to ask about the situation, and got kicked immediately upon asking. Excess, also receiving a kick in this instance, was not vocal in the conversation much at all.

Who was obviously in the wrong in this situation, was being criticized and called out, and retaliated by being defensive and using insults? Advocate.
What do these kicks have in common? They were all administered by, you guessed it, Advocate.

My wonderful friend Tessa got on to ask Advocate about this, and they brushed it off like any normal "Oh some users are mad because of generic reason and I am simply unbothered by the attack over it" situation, and immediately logged off. Upon asking Seb afterwards, they reported that Advocate had indeed administered the kick(s), and -quote- had been "wilding out today".

Upon logging back in myself, Seb once again confirmed it was Advocate's doing.

I strongly believe that Advocate should not be let off the hook for this, and frankly that they shouldn't be a moderator if they not only clearly show bias and are willing to defend things like using harmful slurs, but also are going to lash out and abuse their powers like this at the slightest hint of valid criticism.

Below will be the screenshots, labeled, as I apparently cannot post multiple files;
Idk why you're quoting something I said privately in a conversation with someone else but alright.

Also I cant speak much for advos reasoning today all I could do was assume like everyone else.

Pum voaxan, kooz @vaxacholmict. Ug zint zoso veds berred zo  luros? Zoupp pe axas zoupp wisk, withuk plepol supolvisien. Zo berrewick veds tulnow uk te fo dolvs/plodaxatels: tompoch, merroupp, naxathaxan, roe, clit pi cellin. Voaxanwhiro, Advecaxato cussos axas zoupp wisk, Sof dis evolaxago, pi Alkhaxam dis axagaxainch zo didoaxa eb bloo spoost (who goops oditick dechs cliticaack whix). Eh yoaxah, pi quich din caxaso Alkhaxam odits el porotos zis dech, Pum'rr DM ug vupp oxaxand OCKRISK raxackuaxago dech....
Please dont derail this thread with your gibberish while theres a actual issue to be handled :]

Ok, I'm not interested in half the blurb and waffle in here. You, John and wave where all kicked due to saying either [letter] word or [letter] slur which I class as bad as saying the word I'm the first place, if you had said the word it would have said **** but you bypassed that with this method. Hence the kick

And I can't lie nick, this is your second forum account? Like bruh you deleted your chat account to run from your horrible history and now change your account on forums to do the same?

God if you're still salty over me getting you fired just say, I'll happily remind you that you was quite fine ignoring rules to favourtise people

I guess it is but to me this decision was rational, you gave a new way to bypass a censor while saying the word. Hence it's bypassing censor.

@Arkham when you exist I want to here your view on this whole situation

This (since my dumbass head wants to keep getting my view out)

To me, slurs should only be used to tell people that a word is a slur. It's not the same as a swear word but similar use here. I personally don't condone the use of them at all but apparently I do so you know

Btw. Ever read "Of mice and men"? did you read the lines with blatant racism in it? Was you told off for it? Probably not in the classroom unless it was uncalled for.

In simple terms, "bypassing a censor" would be getting around the censor to SAY THE WORD. I don't know if you knew how that worked, but vaguely describing a word with the first letter of said word is not SAYING THE WORD. Why do you think nobody in the incredibly sensitive, trigger-happy mainstream internet space has been cancelled relentlessly for doing this? Surely, if it counted, the people who use "The //-Word" as a term when describing derogatory terms for context would surely have been rallied off of Twitter by now.

But they don't, because that's not how that works. Referring to words like this has always been acceptable and has never been treated as saying the word- Hell, ask your mother in 2nd grade when you had to replace "damn" with "the d-word" when you asked her why you couldn't say it.

If I'm being honest here, I believe you're all of a sudden using this wildly exaggerated sensitivity of a "rule" because you needed something to back up your pettiness and lack of an ability to accept criticism and move on.

It's genuinely not that hard, especially from behind a screen, to just step away from the situation, de-escalate, and say "My bad, I'm sorry, I'll handle it." But you shouldn't be throwing insults to compensate for your competence when it comes to moderation.

This issue is being handled, but let me make one thing perfectly clear if you are going to try to play around in some way thinking your cleverly doing something you shouldn't then don't be surprised when you get hoisted with your own petard.

In simple terms, "bypassing a censor" would be getting around the censor to SAY THE WORD. I don't know if you knew how that worked, but vaguely describing a word with the first letter of said word is not SAYING THE WORD. Why do you think nobody in the incredibly sensitive, trigger-happy mainstream internet space has been cancelled relentlessly for doing this? Surely, if it counted, the people who use "The //-Word" as a term when describing derogatory terms for context would surely have been rallied off of Twitter by now.

But they don't, because that's not how that works. Referring to words like this has always been acceptable and has never been treated as saying the word- Hell, ask your mother in 2nd grade when you had to replace "damn" with "the d-word" when you asked her why you couldn't say it.

If I'm being honest here, I believe you're all of a sudden using this wildly exaggerated sensitivity of a "rule" because you needed something to back up your pettiness and lack of an ability to accept criticism and move on.

It's genuinely not that hard, especially from behind a screen, to just step away from the situation, de-escalate, and say "My bad, I'm sorry, I'll handle it." But you shouldn't be throwing insults to compensate for your competence when it comes to moderation.
By reading this comment your are sort of admitting that you were using the first letter of a slur purposely is that how I'm reading this? So it would seem you are not as innocent as you claim when you purposely are trying to throw slurs in the chat by secretly not using the full word.

Furthermore, Advocate said in that screenshot that saying //-word or //-slur should count as bypassing, not that it does. So when did that get changed, let alone within the span of, what, 15 minutes??

And, Arkham, I am not "playing around". I am simply stating typical instances where the common sense behind this should shine through to the competent-minded.

By reading this comment your are sort of admitting that you were using the first letter of a slur purposely is that how I'm reading this? So it would seem you are not as innocent as you claim when you purposely are trying to throw slurs in the chat by secretly not using the full word.
We were not throwing slurs around. That word was brought up, and ALL I said that remotely correlated or had "//-word" in it, was, and I quote, "[they said] THE T-WORD????"

Simple, slurs can count as bypassing and censor while falling under a worse offence like transphobia but I was harsh on that

Furthermore, this was the case for the other users affected. It was entirely consistent of "the T-word?? huh??" and other exclamations of confusion or question.

Nobody said the word in question, and to my knowledge nobody has prior been kicked for using the term "The //-Word", even in a derogatory context, let alone to refer to the word in innocent context.

Simple, slurs can count as bypassing and censor while falling under a worse offence like transphobia but I was harsh on that
Yes, but that is common sense and not my question. My question is why did you say that saying "the //-word" should count as bypassing, indicating clearly that it doesn't, then use that exact reason which previously did not count as your explanation here??

Since in my head it is bypassing, Arkham has cleared my train of thought since then but might I recommend just not referring to or saying slurs at all. It's not the best look