November event month: Pokemon

Luminous

❤️Waifu Princess❤️
Staff member
Kids Chat Admin
Welcome to the November revival event month thread! Our last event of the 5 month set is finally upon us in only a couple of days! We are going to celebrate the end of the set of events with an event that lasts a month of time, since it is a revival from a past Pokemon event week that happened in October 2021! I hope you all are excited for this event because Pokemon is the most long awaited and most popular out of all the events we done this year! This will be the longest thread I post all year, so please read all of it so you can understand everything there is to know about Pokemon! If you know about Pokemon already, you may skip from "About Pokemon" to "Pokemon Evolution and special moves". If you haven't checked out the latest updates that I've made already regarding new event info, nor have checked out this thread in general, please do! You may also start posting suggestions for the next wave of event weeks that'll happen next year on that thread too! The next wave of event weeks will be released mid-December. So far not many suggestions are being posted, and therefore, I will be forced to choose the event weeks myself! https://www.kidschat.net/forums/threads/monthly-event-weeks-explanation-faq.1487/

Optional Challenge: If you can guess how many times the word "Pokemon" has been said in this thread, I will give you a profile like on the chat! Put your answer along with your character pick as well as your username on chat if your forum username differs from your username on chat, otherwise I will not give you a profile like! If you have a profile like, I'll use an alt account to give you one instead.

About Pokemon: Pokemon are fictional animals in the Nintendo franchise and anime of Pokemon who exist in nature. Pokemon can be used to do many things, for example in the game, help the player in combat against other Pokemon in Pokemon battles, or maybe help the player get around the world using them for transportation. In the Pokemon anime, Pokemon can be used in battle as well, and as well as for modes of transportation. Additionally, Pokemon can be used for good, or evil as well which we will get into later.

Pokemon Regions: In the Pokemon game and anime, there are many regions the player or Ash Ketchum can travel to. These regions are: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar, and newly released Paldea region. Within all these regions are different kinds of Pokemon to be found, human characters, and much more. Each region is based off of a geographical location in the world, have their own set of gym leaders, elite four, and champions.

Villainous Pokemon Teams: Each region also has their set of bad guys who use their Pokemon for evil or treat Pokemon like they are slaves to the Pokemon society which are called teams. In Kanto and Johto: Team Rocket would be the team. Hoenn has two Villainous teams: Aqua and Magma. Sinnoh: Team Galactic. Unova: Team Plasma. Kalos: Team Flare. Alola: Team Skull. Galar: Team Yell. Paldea: Team Star. Each Villainous team has their own leader as well which makes them more threatening (but not really). The most notable members of a Villainous team are Jessie and James from Team Rocket who try to conquer all the regions along with their Pokemon language translator, Meowth. (and fail all the time).

Pokemon Professors: Each region has their own Professor who do research on Pokemon, their purpose in nature, what advanced technology can be used to boost a Pokemon's power, and much more. These Professors are: Kanto(Professor Oak), Johto(Professor Elm), Hoenn(Professor Birch), Sinnoh(Professor Rowan), Unova(Professor Juniper), Kalos(Professor Sycamore), Alola(Professor Kukui), Galar(Professor Magnolia), Paldea, which has two professors(Sada and Turo). Each Professor will give you a choice of 3 starter Pokemon for the player's adventure throughout the corresponding region. The types your starter Pokemon can be are either Fire, Water, or Grass, which simulates a type triangle where Fire beats Grass, Grass beats Water, and Water beats Fire.

Other Pokemon Types: There are many other Pokemon types outside of the type triangle of Fire, Water, and Grass. These other types are: Normal, Electric, Poison, Ground, Bug, Rock, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Fighting, Flying, Dragon, Steel, and Fairy! (If I forgot a type, please notify me) Each type has it's own advantages and weaknesses inside a Pokemon battle.

Pokemon Battles: Pokemon battles are where you use your captured Pokemon to battle other Pokemon and other trainers with other Pokemon. A certain trainer can have one of a certain type, or many different types with many different moves on a Pokemon, which can make it very difficult on how one strategizes on how one can use Pokemon. You may have to switch out your Pokemon for a type advantage or strategic advantage reasons in order to avoid or counter a strategy your opponent has. Your Pokemon can also evolve, and become stronger as well!

Pokemon Evolution and special moves: (Last one! Sorry) Pokemon Evolution is the increase of stats and power level of a Pokemon as well as a change in personality and physical features of a Pokemon, therefore, giving it another name. For example, an Evolution chain may have 2-3 Pokemon involved in order to get a Pokemon to their max power. Examples of Evolution Chains can be Riolu>Lucario for a 2-Pokemon chain, and a 3-Pokemon chain can be Pichu>Pikachu>Raichu. In the Kalos region, Pokemon may go to a 3rd or 4th stage of evolution called a Mega Evolution, which further boosts the power of your Pokemon and the Pokemon's moves in combat. In order to mega evolve, you need to find a Key stone, and a Mega stone for your trainer and Pokemon! In the Alola region, Pokemon can use Z-moves, which are formed from the bond of people and Pokemon. In Galar, Giga/Gigantamax is a phenomenon, and can be used in a battle where the stadium/area supports that kind of play. In Paldea, Pokemon are able to Terastalize, which boosts the power of the Pokemon and changes the type of your Pokemon as well! 55

I won't give character examples this time since this thread is long enough and it's easy to do research, so lets get into the event rules! Since this is a month long event, you may want to consider choosing more than 1 character!

1. No stealing nor cloning character choices/pfps.
2. In your bio, you must have: 'Pfp is (insert character name) from (insert Pokemon region).
3. Your character should be either from the Pokemon anime, or Pokemon main series games. Although, I will allow fan-made characters too since I agreed to allow Woona to use her OC. Anything from Pokemon GO, Stadium, Colesseum, Home, Unite, etc won't count towards participation.
4. Have fun! Don't feel stressed about who to choose or not. You will have many choices.

Important dates and information:

Start date of event: November 4th
End date of event: November 30th
User participation amount needed: As many as people want to participate
Opt outs: Allowed at any time as long as you participated for a week in total
January-May 2023 event week suggestions: Open and to be posted on the FAQ thread! This will close on December 1st, so times running out!

If you need help finding a Pokemon character, Pokemon, or multiple character pfps for the event month, you may pm me on chat for further help. It is guaranteed that the suggestion(s) I choose for you will be a character you like. December is a month of break for events for users to enjoy the holidays! Please continue having fun as one of the rules say to. I'm looking forward to seeing your character choices. Make sure to place your character choices below in this thread, so I can record user participation easier! Lets see if we can make this revival event month the most popular we've had! Like the July/September/October event weeks, I'll be using a list to record participants! Happy Holidays, from Lumi! <3

I will be Emolga, Caitlin, Iris, and Serena during this event month within the 26 day period that this takes place. You will not be allowed to take either of the 4 I just listed!

Also update on how the optional challenge will go, you'll get a like if you got it wrong and a love reaction if you got it right. No answer changes are allowed, nor telling anyone else the answer. I will let you all know the answer at the end of the event month, on December 1st, and then like or love all correct/non-correct guesses!

Last edited:
I will be Emolga, Caitlin, Iris, and Serena during this event month within the 26 day period that this takes place. You will not be allowed to take either of the 4 I just listed!

Also update on how the optional challenge will go, you'll get a like if you got it wrong and a love reaction if you got it right. No answer changes are allowed, nor telling anyone else the answer. I will let you all know the answer at the end of the event month, on December 1st, and then like or love all correct/non-correct guesses!
Ill be Pumpkaboo, Darkrai, and Mimikyu.