People can say things that aren’t allowed and delete them

Doing this will cause an error if you’re trying to report someone, people shouldn’t be able to delete messages, just saw someone say ”friend you ———- me in middle school” but the -‘s are something else and they where censor evading but I couldn’t report it because they deleted it.

this seems like a potentially serious flaw.

kind regards, ye local bread boi

I see this as an opportunity for people to fix their mistakes.

But yeah, it can be abused too.

However, a common misunderstanding from the majority, even mods, is that the staff are supposed to kick/ban people each time a rule is broken or someone has been kicked many times.
Which isn't quite fair. If a user listens to a warning, or if they stop breaking a rule after a kick, they've clearly started respecting that rule, and then there's no need for us to take further action. So if someone accidentally posts something censored, then realize they weren't supposed to, and then delete that message, there's no need for further actions.

Mods aren't supposed to chase every single person breaking a rule, especially not if it's a minor rule. Same goes for me. We're here to keep the site clean and safe, not to chase away members for harmlessly breaking a rule once in a while.

Similarly for people who wants to be mods; if they've been kicked multiple times in the past, but it happened long ago, I might give them a chance, as they've proved they can behave.

I see this as an opportunity for people to fix their mistakes.

But yeah, it can be abused too.

However, a common misunderstanding from the majority, even mods, is that the staff are supposed to kick/ban people each time a rule is broken or someone has been kicked many times.
Which isn't quite fair. If a user listens to a warning, or if they stop breaking a rule after a kick, they've clearly started respecting that rule, and then there's no need for us to take further action. So if someone accidentally posts something censored, then realize they weren't supposed to, and then delete that message, there's no need for further actions.

Mods aren't supposed to chase every single person breaking a rule, especially not if it's a minor rule. Same goes for me. We're here to keep the site clean and safe, not to chase away members for harmlessly breaking a rule once in a while.

Similarly for people who wants to be mods; if they've been kicked multiple times in the past, but it happened long ago, I might give them a chance, as they've proved they can behave.
This is a good point, HOWEVER when multiple people in a small room use it to say inapp things and delete them before people can report it properly (especially on mobile) maybe it should be made into something like, it’s hidden to people but reports can be made to them if you’ve already started them, and maybe that mods can (if they can’t) read deleted messages

This is a good point, HOWEVER when multiple people in a small room use it to say inapp things and delete them before people can report it properly (especially on mobile) maybe it should be made into something like, it’s hidden to people but reports can be made to them if you’ve already started them, and maybe that mods can (if they can’t) read deleted messages
Unfortunately I can't do much about that. It's up to the software coders. I dislike it myself, even when I just was a mod. But now I'm used to it so it's kinda whatever.

My idea for a long time was to make it so site owners can select where the message deletion is allowed specifically. The only room that needs users to be able to delete messages is the main room. In all other rooms it's used for abuse and abuse only, so if you could turn it off for just those rooms there'd be no problem here.

My idea for a long time was to make it so site owners can select where the message deletion is allowed specifically. The only room that needs users to be able to delete messages is the main room. In all other rooms it's used for abuse and abuse only, so if you could turn it off for just those rooms there'd be no problem here.
Yes, I completelly agree with this, any and all uses outside of the main room is used for breaking the rules and getting away with it, and if you're too slow you can't even send a report in the first case

This is why screenshots are a great habit to get into. This goes to anyone, if you see any form of inappropriate or rule-breaking messages DEFINITELY SCREENSHOT IT, especially if you know the user has a history of that behavior.

Yesn't. The current reporting system doesn't require screenshots as often. Just make sure a post or message gets flagged and the staff will see it. Even screenshot to keep it for documentation purposes if necessary