Profile Music

nick

i think i just really miss myspace

I think it would be really cool if we could upload MP3s or ******* links to our profiles, so when someone opens it, it'll play music. I've seen some other sites do this and I think it's a neat feature. Plus, some people have certain profile themes, and I think it'd rlly add to it.

I just think it's a cool idea idk.

Hate it… especially when you’re trying to listen to your own playlists.
But lucky you it’s not my decision to add features
I kind of like the idea, but I also agree with Kevin here. I think it would be cool to add if there were, maybe, an option for each individual to either enable/disable this feature in profile settings (like chat notifications), or pause/play the music on each profile? I don't want to mute my system just to look at someone's profile, y'know?
And I understand Kevin or other users can't change the site, these are just my thoughts lol.

Profile music I imagine would be a somewhat difficult integration, but giving the vips the option to have somewhat of a splash page that you can choose to look at that has profile music and is basically a glorified bio might be cool. Probably would be the only way to implement that would make it so it's not added as just a default turned off feature

Last edited:
Adding to my concerns, I want to bring up 2 other issues.

1. Inappropriate lyrics. Or worse, someone adding a sexual recording. Then profile reports would eventually increase, which would force mods to have to go through quite a few profiles a day, whether they like it or not.
What if the lyrics are in another language?

2. Not many of you will understand this, but chat sites like these can have “add-on’s”, additional software for extra features. Games, Gifs, and profile music are some examples.
Here on net, we’re mainly sticking to official add-ons, provided by the chat system creator. That way we can keep a smooth and safe experience. Then there are external add-ons, those aren’t officially recommended for this chat system, but might still work.

A lot of you probably heard of, or experienced, the recent streaks of hacked chat sites (doesn’t apply to allo). It was rumored that a weakness in the profile music add-on could’ve been the reason why, and how, the sites got hacked.