Relationship Advice???

strider

Eughh, jeez.

Yeah Strider has a heart laugh it up.

So, as none of you know, I have a partner, and have for awhile. We've known eachother for like a million years. Friends since 3rd grade, then in 6th grade I developed a crush, and since we've been pretty close. However we've had quite a few rocky patches- Huge fight at the end of 6th, made up in summer, got together for a bit during 7th grade, then broke up bc I lost feelings. Got together again a little after that summer/early of 8th grade, and we've been together since.

And the feelings lost again. I've learned to register when it's just me settling into the relationship and getting normalized to it, but this is def just loss of feelings. I feel like they're losing it too, particularly because our texts (which used to go on for hours and were funny as hell) are starting to do the thing.
E406D826-4093-4EE2-941A-E93BD5EB69A6.jpeg

You know. The thing.

However, because of those rocky patches, I dont wanna break it off again if this is one of those things. We have a super platonic relationship anyways. They dont show much affection as it is, and they're ace. I am one of those asshats who needs attention + I'm hyper. Also, recently I've just been thinking abt being with other people and stuff. And I have life plans, they have their own, etc.

Idk if I should end it or stay with them. Ack.
(Yeah I know our relationship has been super wack and honestly I don't think its been a healthy one?)

Last edited:
Eughh, jeez.

So, as none of you know, I have a partner, and have for awhile. We've known eachother for like a million years. Friends since 3rd grade, then in 6th grade I developed a crush, and since we've been pretty close. However we've had quite a few rocky patches- Huge fight at the end of 6th, made up in summer, got together for a bit during 7th grade, then broke up bc I lost feelings. Got together again a little after that summer/early of 8th grade, and we've been together since.

And the feelings lost again. I've learned to register when it's just me settling into the relationship and getting normalized to it, but this is def just loss of feelings. I feel like they're losing it too, particularly because our texts (which used to go on for hours and were funny as hell) are starting to do the thing.
View attachment 2739

You know. The thing.

However, because of those rocky patches, I dont wanna break it off again if this is one of those things. We have a super platonic relationship anyways. They dont show much affection as it is, and they're ace. I am one of those asshats who needs attention + I'm hyper. Also, recently I've just been thinking abt being with other people and stuff. And I have life plans, they have their own, etc.

(Yeah I know our relationship has been super wack and honestly I don't think its been a healthy one?)
lol who cares about being in a relationship when you’re 14 or 15. It’s going to fail anyways so enjoy life instead of worrying

Honestly you can try just talking to them about these feelings, or lack there of as you described. They may be feeling a mutual thing, or they may have not noticed. Breakups don't have to be a individual decision. Especially for relationships like yours, where you know the person for a long time, small talk and conversations can become tedious. We can talk privately about this if you want my help, but hopefully what I've already said is helpful enough.

All I can tell you to do is follow your amazing heart. We are human and imperfect yet also never meant to be prefect. First see if the problem change in a month and if the problem continue to happen have an open ~ minded and emotional conversation with your partner to discuss how you can improve the relationship, how you have been feeling because of the problem, how much you love them, but this problem is causing issue for you. Listen to both sides of the story, understand, and be reminded that it you and your partner against the problem and not against each other. Tell them everything, be honest. Have a mutual agreement that if the problem continue it would be mentally and emotionally health to not continue the relationship. This only advice. Follow your heart and do what you think is right. You are amazing, and thank you for being human and sharing that you're having relationship problems. Yet there is always sunshine after it rain.

Eughh, jeez.

View attachment 2739

You know. The thing.

hAh so i'm thinking this may be due to the state of derealization i'm currently going through, and the way i'm pretty detached from the feelings of our relationship and them rn lmao

Last edited: