Troye’s Ban Appeal: (reposted)

Troye

This is reposted from a conversation I started with Kevin/Arkham.

Dear Kevin and Arkham,

I hope that you’re both well, and that you and your loved ones are safe.

I’m writing to you after Advocate kindly advised that I do to reappeal my ban for my Troye account on kidschat.

Firstly, I have had two accounts, the first was TroyeTheTiger and then today I made Troye because the other one was banned due to a mistake I made when writing my birthday on my description. I was born on the 7th of February 2008, but my finger pressed on 9 and it started everything. It is my fault and I should have double checked. I understand why I was banned it’s just, I believe that a lot of mods abuse their power here. I was literally getting bullied by a homophobic user and they told me to burn in hell. I reported, other people reported and nothing happened. I had to leave because it was getting too toxic.

I made so many friends and I met my bf whom I love. Please don’t end that for me. Please don’t end my relationships with these people because I accidentally wrote 2009 instead 2008.

I spoke to Advocate, they didn’t even listen to me at firsr. They kept banning my account. As a mod, I understand it’s your duty to keep the chat safe and make everyone feel safe and follow the rules. But it is also important for a mod to be empathetic and understanding and hear people out. I have much respect for Advocate, I just don’t like how they kept banning me when I was trying to talk and ask for help. They didn’t hear me out until I insisted and begged for help.

They suggested that I attach proof that I’m 13 like a passport. Now for my privacy I wish to wait until I get confirmation and I hear something back from you. Please let me know what to do and how I can proceed.

With that being said, I hope you take this sin to consideration. And if not, then I understand. I’ll wait till I’m supposedly turning “13” in 9 days, even though I’ll be turning 14 then.
Best wishes and thanks,
Troye (he/him)

You will now need to send verifiable proof to either myself or Kevin in a private Pm to us. Do not post in the open, keep your private stuff private.

As for staff kicking you, they are just doing what they are expected to do with anyone who represents as being underage so you need to cut them some slack.

I feel like I should defend my self as I feel bashed for doing my job.

The rules state you have to be 13-19 to be here which your bio did not. You then proceeded to instead of wondering what happened or see what to do just went to make a new account, not once asking anyone what to do otherwise I wouldn't of had to tell you what to do. I recognize the user and Pfp so kicked for the same reason like any mod would.

I don't monitor the chat all the time but I'm as active as can be and I wasn't on when the homophobic person was being homophobic, I came on to the aftermath of it all so asked people to stop as it was arguing. Not relevant to your ban.

And the whole thing about being empathetic and stuff, I try to not get emotionally attached to people. This is true for most users and guests alike so I'm still fair in punishment. Like, I hope, most mods are.

Lastly, I told you to blur out/censor/crop the ID till it had nothing but a date of birth as to keep your identity as hidden as possible, I understand this as someone who hides most personal info about me untill requested.