Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my pronouns aren’t PREFERRED they ARE my pronouns. I don’t have a “preferred gender” that is my gender. I don’t need to earn your remorse when you were the one being transphobic to me. Just because you’re uneducated does not mean you need to be rude. And there you are again, saying I am a female just because I happen to look like one. Did you learn nothing? The definition of nonbinary is not just being girl nor boy it’s beyond the two ends of the spectrum. The definition of it is different for everyone so if you ask someone they might say “oh I feel like both” or “oh I feel like neither” or even “my gender feels different then any of those”. Either way, they all deserve respect when it comes to their identity. I find it quite stupid for people to say that the lgbtq community is “pronoun sensitive”, I mean, how would you like it if you were constantly referred to as a gender you know you’re not? It would be annoying right? Depressing even. But overall, you continuing to act disrespectful is just showing me more of your true colors. Hopefully one day you’ll learn to be more respectful of others but I don’t think that’s going to be today. Have the day you deserve ✨
First off I understand there’s more under the non-binary umbrella than being agender, and I didn’t say you have a preferred gender, I said preferred pronoun- as a nonbinary it’s a possibility for you to go with something else at some different point in time isn’t it, you said it yourself nonbinary is not restricted to one, could be none, could be both, could be an identity that doesn’t even align with any of them. Isn’t that just what preference is? Wanting one thing over the other?, don’t take it the wrong way I’m not saying just because it’s your preference that it doesn’t hold any ground to me, I can get that it’s like me calling you the wrong name. All I’m getting at is that if you get so aggressive and testy about it when it’s all a misunderstanding- you kinda make it harder for the person who misconceived you to feel sorry. Basically, I’d be more respectful if you were less disputatious about the whole thing. I remember you weren’t even involved in this whole thing in the first place. But then you butted into it.

my pronouns aren’t PREFERRED they ARE my pronouns. I don’t have a “preferred gender” that is my gender. I don’t need to earn your remorse when you were the one being transphobic to me. Just because you’re uneducated does not mean you need to be rude. And there you are again, saying I am a female just because I happen to look like one. Did you learn nothing? The definition of nonbinary is not just being girl nor boy it’s beyond the two ends of the spectrum. The definition of it is different for everyone so if you ask someone they might say “oh I feel like both” or “oh I feel like neither” or even “my gender feels different then any of those”. Either way, they all deserve respect when it comes to their identity. I find it quite stupid for people to say that the lgbtq community is “pronoun sensitive”, I mean, how would you like it if you were constantly referred to as a gender you know you’re not? It would be annoying right? Depressing even. But overall, you continuing to act disrespectful is just showing me more of your true colors. Hopefully one day you’ll learn to be more respectful of others but I don’t think that’s going to be today. Have the day you deserve ✨
I know a lot of what they said reads in an odd way, and I wasn't in chat when this happened, so extending them kind readings for some of the things you talk about I'm not meaning to say is unwarranted. Its easy to just say sorry, take the 15 minutes, and move on.

I only mean to point out preferred pronouns is the correct way to phrase that. Especially for enby gender fluid who may prefer he/him at times or she/her.

John Maclean is an example of someone who prefers one over the other based on how they feel and present. That doesn't invalidate their gender, which they identify as a cis-male. Its (sadly) a new concept to most people but, if they're open to learn, they don't unless you tell'em.

Not meaning to critique you at all or your reaction.

I only mean to point out preferred pronouns is the correct way to phrase that. Especially for enby gender fluid who may prefer he/him at times or she/her.
you’re right, but I’m just saying that personally for me my pronouns are not preferred they are my pronouns. As in I am not comfortable with any other pronouns. People definitely do have pronouns that change and their personal preferences for the use of them, but that is not me. I do agree with you on the fact that it could’ve been so easy to just apologize and move on

I already apologized but yea it would've been easier if I had sooner, only thing for me was your reaction- which some people would just take, apologize and then let go without much of a back and forth- but I'm more stubborn than that. I mean, ****. I made the mistakes and I know, but I don't think you kept in mind that it was just a careless mistake- I'm not out to get you or disrespect you on purpose, I'm not that kind of person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.