Anti-Politics/Gender Discussions

strider

(no typing quirk)

recently ive noticed a lot of heavy arguments being sparked by gender-related discussions. in the past this has happened and earlier during the 2020 US election this was a problem with politics and related arguments. although not constant, there does seem to be regular bursts of one or two users starting an argument along that topic, which spirals into a huge chat-wide debate. this not only puts an insane amount of tension and negativity in the chatroom, but is also incredibly annoying to other users who are not involved.

i think we should have moderators enforce a rule against these related discussions.

related topic, there has been an uprise in certain dms and general chat messages containing transphobic and ableist language, namely flat-out slurs. some popular users have been saying them (sometimes not as a joke) with no punishment or warning, and this is not okay. slurs of any kind (whether the f-word, t-word, r-word, n-word, etc) should not be tolerated at ALL. i believe we should have stronger enforcement on this rule, perhaps even a feature that senses the word (like the censor system) but issues a personal warning (maybe a dm or a message in the main chat only that user can see) or even an automatic kick.

Again, if the rules were enforced this wouldn't even be a discussion we're having. The fight would start, the inevitable hate speech and slur usage would begin, the mod would punish them, problem solved. We see these people get away with these things and continue to harass people for their identities sometimes for hours on end WHILE A MOD IS ONLINE. I'm not at all against political discussion in kids chat. Frankly, I think it's good to try to teach kids how to have an open and civil debate about their views, ESPECIALLY in the age where other platforms are constantly teaching to "cancel" whoever disagrees with them. Clearly, the moderation and administration team isn't against kids having these levels of discussion, we need to start somewhere more reasonable than a new rule completely banning an entire branch of discussion. They'll never be on board for that.

Last edited:
No politics,gender,race,sexuality etc talks/debate should be banned from this chat completely and all tje people in the chat agrees
As has been pointed out you are not considering the age range of users in the room. You cannot blanket censor users. Split the room if necessary maybe 9-13s and 14-19s

There are appropriate places to debate and/or discuss this kind of stuff, and Kidschat isn't one of those places
Then don't let older kids in the room. You can't start dictating what topic is acceptable, if no room rules are being broken then users need to start using the ignore system of th dint like a particular thread

Again, if the rules were enforced this wouldn't even be a discussion we're having. The fight would start, the inevitable hate speech and slur usage would begin, the mod would punish them, problem solved. We see these people get away with these things and continue to harass people for their identities sometimes for hours on end WHILE A MOD IS ONLINE. I'm not at all against political discussion in kids chat. Frankly, I think it's good to try to teach kids how to have an open and civil debate about their views, ESPECIALLY in the age where other platforms are constantly teaching to "cancel" whoever disagrees with them. Clearly, the moderation and administration team isn't against kids having these levels of discussion, we need to start somewhere more reasonable than a new rule completely banning an entire branch of discussion. They'll never be on board for that.
Totally agree. Unfortunately I came up against a mod from the cancel culture who deemed my reasoned debate with another user "homophobic and transphobic", a claim I strenuous deny and would claim that her suggestion that I am either of those things, both of which I find totally unacceptable, to be almost slanderous

As has been pointed out you are not considering the age range of users in the room. You cannot blanket censor users. Split the room if necessary maybe 9-13s and 14-19s
I dont care what age range politics,gender,race etc talk shouldnt be allowed whatsoever and the whole chat can back me up on that

Go ahead try to "teach" kids how to have civil discussions when its either people who call you every -phobic and every -ism just because you disagree with them, people who are genuinely hateful, and people who only say things to get reactions. Because the last 4,000 arguments have really shown us that this place is totally civil, a chatroom of teenagers with nothing better to do is such a great place to have "civil discussions"

I feel like the only solution would be a rule against arguing and fighting(about all kinds of topics). If a mod feels like the conversation is becoming toxic and the users involved are just fighting then they should be free to mute-kick or at least ask the users to take it to pms. The problem is that mods get ignored. And usually the only way to stop the argument is by one of the users finally breaking a rule and them getting kicked. There's no rule against arguing so mods are probably reluctant to get involved cause of that.

I feel like the only solution would be a rule against arguing and fighting(about all kinds of topics). If a mod feels like the conversation is becoming toxic and the users involved are just fighting then they should be free to mute-kick or at least ask the users to take it to pms. The problem is that mods get ignored. And usually the only way to stop the argument is by one of the users finally breaking a rule and them getting kicked. There's no rule against arguing so mods are probably reluctant to get involved cause of that.
Swagger is already doing that she kicked people who wont stop arguing about anything reallybe it politics or gender or whatever and the plus side is she doesnt care who she just kick the person who is prolonging/causing the drama

Go ahead try to "teach" kids how to have civil discussions when its either people who call you every -phobic and every -ism just because you disagree with them, people who are genuinely hateful, and people who only say things to get reactions. Because the last 4,000 arguments have really shown us that this place is totally civil, a chatroom of teenagers with nothing better to do is such a great place to have "civil discussions"
Yes lets do that teaching kids adult politics and makinh them learn how to elect and political party oh but nooooooo im a quirky 13 year ild anarchist and i learn politics or im a patriotic 13 year old patriot who will defend his cause by being a prick yes lets teach this kids real politicis lets do that until our brain melt into nothing more than dust in the danube river.

Or here a better choice changing this place name politics chat now that would make wholesome people want to step foot inside dont it

Swagger is already doing that she kicked people who wont stop arguing about anything reallybe it politics or gender or whatever and the plus side is she doesnt care who she just kick the person who is prolonging/causing the drama
Yep some mods do take action when there's fights but others don't. If there's a written rule about it the mods won't be able to ignore it next time. It gets ignored by some cause it's not explicitly stated that fighting/arguing and causing drama is prohibited.

Yep some mods do take action when there's fights but others don't. If there's a written rule about it the mods won't be able to ignore it next time. It gets ignored by some cause it's not explicitly stated that fighting/arguing and causing drama is prohibited.
Swagger is a good example of modding chatting with the people and doing an excellent work

What is your definition of arguing? I got kicked by her for debating. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this IS a chat site? So basically, as I didn't break any room rules, I was kicked for chatting, and that is not acceptable