Anti-Politics/Gender Discussions

strider

(no typing quirk)

recently ive noticed a lot of heavy arguments being sparked by gender-related discussions. in the past this has happened and earlier during the 2020 US election this was a problem with politics and related arguments. although not constant, there does seem to be regular bursts of one or two users starting an argument along that topic, which spirals into a huge chat-wide debate. this not only puts an insane amount of tension and negativity in the chatroom, but is also incredibly annoying to other users who are not involved.

i think we should have moderators enforce a rule against these related discussions.

related topic, there has been an uprise in certain dms and general chat messages containing transphobic and ableist language, namely flat-out slurs. some popular users have been saying them (sometimes not as a joke) with no punishment or warning, and this is not okay. slurs of any kind (whether the f-word, t-word, r-word, n-word, etc) should not be tolerated at ALL. i believe we should have stronger enforcement on this rule, perhaps even a feature that senses the word (like the censor system) but issues a personal warning (maybe a dm or a message in the main chat only that user can see) or even an automatic kick.

What is your definition of arguing? I got kicked by her for debating. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this IS a chat site? So basically, as I didn't break any room rules, I was kicked for chatting, and that is not acceptable
And what is your user good sir
So you want to take away users freedom of speech? And who are you to decide what topics are acceptible?
This is kids chat numbskull re read the name and you will get the idea

There has been a long-standing knowledge of how we deal with arguments in the chat and that is that if the arguments are not causing any major disruption to the chat we just allow them to burn themselves out but if for any reason they start disrupting the chat extremely bad then we are to step in and handle it.

There has been a long-standing knowledge of how we deal with arguments in the chat and that is that if the arguments are not causing any major disruption to the chat we just allow them to burn themselves out but if for any reason they start disrupting the chat extremely bad then we are to step in and handle it.
Tell that to the mod (swaggermcswag) who kicked me!

And what is your user good sir

This is kids chat numbskull re read the name and you will get the idea
This is kids chat that is open to up to 19 year olds who do talk about more complex issues.
Also there is no need to resort to name calling just because I disagree with you!

Swagger is already doing that she kicked people who wont stop arguing about anything reallybe it politics or gender or whatever and the plus side is she doesnt care who she just kick the person who is prolonging/causing the drama
She doesn't care who she kicks or lying about the reason for it which is why she's no longer a mod and my kicking by her is rescinded. Justice

Willy are you stupid or just plain broken huh jesus go ahead mske a poll on shpuld politics be allowed or not and you can see the answer

Sir but the situation wont burn themself out, this is what makes people doesnt want to come tk the chat too much political,gender,race etc talks/drama this is what makes this site lose to tc because there is less modding and people always talks about gender or politics or whatever here. Please you just need to ban such talk and a significang portion of kc problem will be gone

Swagger did a fine job of kicking you to not make the drama go any further
She made a mistake, just because she deem it hate speech does not mean it is hate speech and to then label it and therefore me as homophobic and transphobic it totally unacceptable. You and her need to accept it and get over it

She made a mistake, just because she deem it hate speech does not mean it is hate speech and to then label it and therefore me as homophobic and transphobic it totally unacceptable. You and her need to accept it and get over it
Not a mistake she made a call in kicking you because you are probably causing drama