My Hero Academia RP room issues

Phoenexus

This has been bugging me since I’ve become a moderator: the My Hero Academia RP room is nothing short of bad news. I recently left a reply on another forum post regarding a similar matter, using this as an example, so I’ll try to reiterate and talk about the issue more here.

Essentially, the My Hero Academia is a problem. For, literally, as long as I can remember it has been a breeding ground for bad behavior on all accounts. People like to use the room to sexualize others, as I’ve seen on multiple occasions, mainly through inappropriate roleplaying. There are also many other cases where people just ultimately talk about bad things and do worse things in an uncontrolled area (that being the room itself).

In case it is necessary to prove my point and explain things a little more, I’ll give you an example of a user that did these types of things actively using the room. Their username was/is Omistaja, someone that has since recently been banned due to his behavior. This user would use the My Hero Academia RP room as a way to get girls, primarily girls younger than him, to engage in sexual roleplay with him (among other wrong activity). His bio, unfortunately, is also proof of this. We, as mods, were unable to kick him for a long time due to a lack of evidence (among other things). It was so satisfying to see him finally banned for what he has been doing.

However, he unfortunately isn’t the only person that did, or is currently still doing, this. Other people do this, too, and every time I go in that room I end up kicking at least one or more people for breaking the rules. I went on break due to personal issues, but today I come back to check the room and, unfortunately, nothing has changed. The room already doesn’t get enough attention from mods, just because the mods are too preoccupied with the main chat (due to its size and the amount of activity going on in there from various users).

Ultimately, I just want to find a way to solve this issue. This room needs to be taken care of somehow. Either we crack down on moderation in there, shut down the room, or something... we just have to solve it somehow. I’m open to suggestions and discussion about it. Any input would be great.

My only thought is that the mod team coordinates with each other to regular check-ins on the room when multiple are online. If there are 4 mods online, we can spare one to the MHA room for a little bit. Sadly I think that might be our only way of doing anything about it as of right now.

This has been bugging me since I’ve become a moderator: the My Hero Academia RP room is nothing short of bad news. I recently left a reply on another forum post regarding a similar matter, using this as an example, so I’ll try to reiterate and talk about the issue more here.

Essentially, the My Hero Academia is a problem. For, literally, as long as I can remember it has been a breeding ground for bad behavior on all accounts. People like to use the room to sexualize others, as I’ve seen on multiple occasions, mainly through inappropriate roleplaying. There are also many other cases where people just ultimately talk about bad things and do worse things in an uncontrolled area (that being the room itself).

In case it is necessary to prove my point and explain things a little more, I’ll give you an example of a user that did these types of things actively using the room. Their username was/is Omistaja, someone that has since recently been banned due to his behavior. This user would use the My Hero Academia RP room as a way to get girls, primarily girls younger than him, to engage in sexual roleplay with him (among other wrong activity). His bio, unfortunately, is also proof of this. We, as mods, were unable to kick him for a long time due to a lack of evidence (among other things). It was so satisfying to see him finally banned for what he has been doing.

However, he unfortunately isn’t the only person that did, or is currently still doing, this. Other people do this, too, and every time I go in that room I end up kicking at least one or more people for breaking the rules. I went on break due to personal issues, but today I come back to check the room and, unfortunately, nothing has changed. The room already doesn’t get enough attention from mods, just because the mods are too preoccupied with the main chat (due to its size and the amount of activity going on in there from various users).

Ultimately, I just want to find a way to solve this issue. This room needs to be taken care of somehow. Either we crack down on moderation in there, shut down the room, or something... we just have to solve it somehow. I’m open to suggestions and discussion about it. Any input would be great.
Only way to solve this is to have mods be in both rooms at once. If 3 or more mods are on, 1 can afford to check other rooms while the other 2 team up for control of main chat. 4 mods on could have 2 and 2. Considering that our team is more interactive than 2020 mods or early 2021 mods, this can succeed. The question is, which mod will do it? Well, we do have a staff room that we can interact in, but this is how it should be decided:

If 3 mods are on and 2 of them have each other as mod partners, like for example, acorn, alec, and me. Acorn and Alec are mod partners let alone bfs, so that would mean I take control of other rooms. If Leo and Stella were on with Archon, Considering Leo and Stella are mod partners, Archon takes control of the other rooms.

But now it comes into question where there's 3 mods for example and none are partners with each other. Who gets chosen instead? The answer is that mods should start looking for more than one mod partner, because the less partners you have, the more you will take the job of dealing with the other rooms, unless you just upright volunteer. I, on the other hand, rather make this based on mod partners so we all have equal distribution on who gets to take control of other rooms.

What I do is handle reports from that room by telling people to flag messages because I rather deal with the **** problem as that's always been #1 priority for me. I'm tactically experienced with remembering kos users and checking user list often so that no **** on the kos list can lurk. This is why I do not mod other rooms, but posted above is a solution of how we can go upon taking turns. This mod partner system is now going to come into use, so mods should start looking for more potential partners. I already have 3 rn with a limit of 5. Those not partnered up and on at the same time as mods who are partnered up should take the duty to check other rooms.

I think this is a good way to equally distribute the work amongst mod team members. If mods agree or disagree with this, they should make a follow-up post here to confirm their thoughts.

It's either a mod sacrifices their sanity and mods there(lol jk) like malice and Oph said or it gets shut down. Users just go there cause they know they can break rules freely since mods rarely check in. I have told the users that frequent there already that instead of staying in staff I'll spend my idle time in the MHA room when I can.

It's either a mod sacrifices their sanity and mods there(lol jk) like malice and Oph said or it gets shut down. Users just go there cause they know they can break rules freely since mods rarely check in. I have told the users that frequent there already that instead of staying in staff I'll spend my idle time in the MHA room when I can.
I personally agree to both of these standings. While I do think it could be beneficial to have mods in there during times when there are three or more on, but there are also drawbacks to this.

For instance, what are the chances that three mods will continuously be on for a set amount of time, to hold efficiency in both the MHA room and main. If one or both mods in main go off, the mod in the MHA room would likely need to go fill in for the departed mods in the main room. That is, if a mod ever goes into the MHA room in the first place.

There is also that fact that users in there just plainly don’t listen. As Tifa said, they’ve been warned countless times, but yet they still continue to do what they do. Warned by not only Tifa, Stella and other mods but also myself. Most people, if not all, in there have been given enough warnings already. As it was also said, people go in there because they know it’s a place they can get away with stuff. An efficiency of only one mod being in there while at least one or two mods occupy main won’t be much of anything. Once that mod leaves, it’s right back to doing the bad stuff. Trust me, I know this will happen, I’ve seen it multiple times with my own eyes.

Personally, I think the whole room needs to be shut down. I honestly don’t think we’ll be able to settle it enough by just putting a mod in there. Users still have dms, they have time when mods aren’t in there, they have a lot still. If someone thinks there’s a better way to control the room through the mod strategy, I’ll be more than happy to hear it, but right now I personally think that either the room needs to be shut down or that stricter punishments need to be made for things that happen in that room specifically (due to the sheer amount of warnings people in there have received).

I personally agree to both of these standings. While I do think it could be beneficial to have mods in there during times when there are three or more on, but there are also drawbacks to this.

For instance, what are the chances that three mods will continuously be on for a set amount of time, to hold efficiency in both the MHA room and main. If one or both mods in main go off, the mod in the MHA room would likely need to go fill in for the departed mods in the main room. That is, if a mod ever goes into the MHA room in the first place.

There is also that fact that users in there just plainly don’t listen. As Tifa said, they’ve been warned countless times, but yet they still continue to do what they do. Warned by not only Tifa, Stella and other mods but also myself. Most people, if not all, in there have been given enough warnings already. As it was also said, people go in there because they know it’s a place they can get away with stuff. An efficiency of only one mod being in there while at least one or two mods occupy main won’t be much of anything. Once that mod leaves, it’s right back to doing the bad stuff. Trust me, I know this will happen, I’ve seen it multiple times with my own eyes.

Personally, I think the whole room needs to be shut down. I honestly don’t think we’ll be able to settle it enough by just putting a mod in there. Users still have dms, they have time when mods aren’t in there, they have a lot still. If someone thinks there’s a better way to control the room through the mod strategy, I’ll be more than happy to hear it, but right now I personally think that either the room needs to be shut down or that stricter punishments need to be made for things that happen in that room specifically (due to the sheer amount of warnings people in there have received).
I still don't feel like shutting the room down will work. They will just move to the regular rp room or some other room and take over that one instead. It's gonna be never-ending. I still think the best way to go by this is the mod partner system. Yea people will go off at times but people will also log on at times too. You can just never really know. People do have lives and can get stressed from this, arguing with these people and talking sense into them. I guess having people to back you up is needed, like you can have Marinette to back you up as she's reliable and does look out for the bad people on chat. Tifa can have dread as company. Honestly, idk how else to make it work, but taking away the chat is sadly not the option that is optimal for succession.

The only problem with shutting down MHA room is that then all of the bad stuff that they do there will still happen, just in dms, or even worse on external websites where we can't moderate it at all. MHA room at least let's us moderate this somewhat, because if it's not there, it'll just be somewhere harder to reach. We can only do our best to keep it clean through coordination and communication within the moderation team. It'll be hard but this is the best lineup we've had, we'll figure it out.

I knew a lot of those people so I know they swap socials left and right with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were doing the same **** on discord with each other

Yeah there's no doubt they traded socials with each other, making it kinda of a runaway problem,
And we could just shut down every room besides main, vip(maybe), and staff, but thats a pretty extreme solution and should stay as a very last resort.
We should just try the mod rotation thing first

Last edited:
I've thought this for a while and assumed you had it. Ghost mode is a vital part of moderation, you can enforce the rules so much better using it.

I've thought this for a while and assumed you had it. Ghost mode is a vital part of moderation, you can enforce the rules so much better using it.
Technically, we already have a ‘ghost mode.’ It’s not a setting, or a switch, but rather something most of us mods do on our own that let us secretly find rule breakers, report them and subsequently have them kicked without exposing ourselves.

Technically, we already have a ‘ghost mode.’ It’s not a setting, or a switch, but rather something most of us mods do on our own that let us secretly find rule breakers, report them and subsequently have them kicked without exposing ourselves.
Two accounts I noticed were obvious sadly idk how no one notices them but it seems to be working so far

Well the problems with mha room is that since a lot i mean a lot of kids love mha they will flock there (especially the one who are "depressed" and lonely) and since they know said room is heavily under moderated people like lets say gacha will dwell there trading socials and doing extremely messed up stuff but being said i do agree with oph that the room shouldnt be deleted think of it as a net for catching these rule breakers a suggestion would be to make an alt using some mha character or stuff and i bet they wouldnt notice

My only thought is that the mod team coordinates with each other to regular check-ins on the room when multiple are online. If there are 4 mods online, we can spare one to the MHA room for a little bit. Sadly I think that might be our only way of doing anything about it as of right now.
I think thats how it should be done