My Hero Academia RP room issues

Phoenexus

This has been bugging me since I’ve become a moderator: the My Hero Academia RP room is nothing short of bad news. I recently left a reply on another forum post regarding a similar matter, using this as an example, so I’ll try to reiterate and talk about the issue more here.

Essentially, the My Hero Academia is a problem. For, literally, as long as I can remember it has been a breeding ground for bad behavior on all accounts. People like to use the room to sexualize others, as I’ve seen on multiple occasions, mainly through inappropriate roleplaying. There are also many other cases where people just ultimately talk about bad things and do worse things in an uncontrolled area (that being the room itself).

In case it is necessary to prove my point and explain things a little more, I’ll give you an example of a user that did these types of things actively using the room. Their username was/is Omistaja, someone that has since recently been banned due to his behavior. This user would use the My Hero Academia RP room as a way to get girls, primarily girls younger than him, to engage in sexual roleplay with him (among other wrong activity). His bio, unfortunately, is also proof of this. We, as mods, were unable to kick him for a long time due to a lack of evidence (among other things). It was so satisfying to see him finally banned for what he has been doing.

However, he unfortunately isn’t the only person that did, or is currently still doing, this. Other people do this, too, and every time I go in that room I end up kicking at least one or more people for breaking the rules. I went on break due to personal issues, but today I come back to check the room and, unfortunately, nothing has changed. The room already doesn’t get enough attention from mods, just because the mods are too preoccupied with the main chat (due to its size and the amount of activity going on in there from various users).

Ultimately, I just want to find a way to solve this issue. This room needs to be taken care of somehow. Either we crack down on moderation in there, shut down the room, or something... we just have to solve it somehow. I’m open to suggestions and discussion about it. Any input would be great.

Well the problems with mha room is that since a lot i mean a lot of kids love mha they will flock there (especially the one who are "depressed" and lonely) and since they know said room is heavily under moderated people like lets say gacha will dwell there trading socials and doing extremely messed up stuff but being said i do agree with oph that the room shouldnt be deleted think of it as a net for catching these rule breakers a suggestion would be to make an alt using some mha character or stuff and i bet they wouldnt notice
Gacha got banned recently, finally admitting to his true self, a ****. I have his ban screenshotted, and if i ever identify him again, he will be kos’d. l0l

Wait actually gacha is a great example of users not reporting. One of my friends and I asked around about gacha a while back, he was asking them for n*des and other nsfw things yet they never reported him since they usually let that behaviour slide, one of them was even flowergirl a former mod

Wait actually gacha is a great example of users not reporting. One of my friends and I asked around about gacha a while back, he was asking them for n*des and other nsfw things yet they never reported him since they usually let that behaviour slide, one of them was even flowergirl a former mod
WAIT WHAT?!

As much as I’m actually rejoicing in this, the guy apparently posted on his wall multiple times (before I became a mod) about “meeting up with people,” from here, which is concerning to say the least. He was properly dealt with in all accounts, right? And by all accounts, I mean he was outed to law enforcement with his IP, etc etc. Just want to confirm this.
I don’t know who is “letting this behavior slide” but that’s getting me mad. I for one try my best to crack down on all of that stuff. I let none of it slide, like at all. If I see it, almost instant adios amigo. I’ve been told I’m strict a lot with how much I crack down on it, which I would rather be instead of too lenient. Seriously though, we need to encourage people to start reporting more. The current team, for the most part, is pretty good at responding to these things and acting on them. If you don’t trust anyone else, at least try to trust me to take care of it. That’s just a broad message to anyone having trust issues with telling mods about this stuff, generally it applies to everyone. I just want to get rid of this stuff as much as possible, but we can’t do it without user assistance and support with reporting, communication, etc.

As much as I’m actually rejoicing in this, the guy apparently posted on his wall multiple times (before I became a mod) about “meeting up with people,” from here, which is concerning to say the least. He was properly dealt with in all accounts, right? And by all accounts, I mean he was outed to law enforcement with his IP, etc etc. Just want to confirm this.

I don’t know who is “letting this behavior slide” but that’s getting me mad. I for one try my best to crack down on all of that stuff. I let none of it slide, like at all. If I see it, almost instant adios amigo. I’ve been told I’m strict a lot with how much I crack down on it, which I would rather be instead of too lenient. Seriously though, we need to encourage people to start reporting more. The current team, for the most part, is pretty good at responding to these things and acting on them. If you don’t trust anyone else, at least try to trust me to take care of it. That’s just a broad message to anyone having trust issues with telling mods about this stuff, generally it applies to everyone. I just want to get rid of this stuff as much as possible, but we can’t do it without user assistance and support with reporting, communication, etc.

I'm considering just creating an account to report this stuff since it's disgusting to know that people like gacha can just be forgiven by these users

Well for one jas and crow told me that flower let her slide and i have seen i think someone tolerating his behaviour and on the topic of tolerating behaviour i have seen countless time where people would tolerate bad behaviour because said person has the same interest as them

Well for one jas and crow told me that flower let her slide and i have seen i think someone tolerating his behaviour and on the topic of tolerating behaviour i have seen countless time where people would tolerate bad behaviour because said person has the same interest as them
Yeah, I’ve seen it too. As a mod, more often than not. There was an instance where Leo and I were dealing with a female user that had a friend of their inappropriate message her, and ask things from her. They even announced it publicly and whatnot, and Leo and I were trying to get more information so we could administer a kick. The user, though, would not report/give up the evidence they had on the user because, and I quote, were ‘friends’. This resulted in that user getting kicked because they were harboring and protecting the other. It’s common, so many people protect and forgive people that outright assault them and it’s frustrating, even more so because there’s little we can do about it. My goal is to build people’s trust, so they can start coming out with these kinds of issues more often. I don’t want people to think all mods let this slide, because we don’t. It’s hard, but I really do want to try.

Yeah, I’ve seen it too. As a mod, more often than not. There was an instance where Leo and I were dealing with a female user that had a friend of their inappropriate message her, and ask things from her. They even announced it publicly and whatnot, and Leo and I were trying to get more information so we could administer a kick. The user, though, would not report/give up the evidence they had on the user because, and I quote, were ‘friends’. This resulted in that user getting kicked because they were harboring and protecting the other. It’s common, so many people protect and forgive people that outright assault them and it’s frustrating, even more so because there’s little we can do about it. My goal is to build people’s trust, so they can start coming out with these kinds of issues more often. I don’t want people to think all mods let this slide, because we don’t. It’s hard, but I really do want to try.
Not to mention if there is drama hoo boy the stuff i see is enough to make you "man the hell is up with these kids" for example i remember in what in august i think there is this political drama going on and when i said enough lets just chill one of them insulted me and the other bacj her up but when she is kicked they were all like "what why is shr kicked bla bla bla"

If the users of any sub-chat purposely sit and not use the flag report system then they only have themselves to blame if things go wonky in there. We cannot constantly be watching when the main chat has to be priority #1. You all want sub chats then start taking responsibility and help protect them before they become a nuisance and gets removed!